RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tamiya TLT Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-tlt-crawlers/)
-   -   SW3 Prototype..........New Pics of Production Version (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-tlt-crawlers/62206-sw3-prototype-new-pics-production-version.html)

freetimecrawler 02-25-2007 09:36 PM

Congrats on the new design Brad "thumbsup"
I hope your first production run is a large One, I have a feeling you're going to sell alot of these.
Put me down for One as soon as they're available.

BENDER 02-25-2007 09:50 PM

Thanks again for all the compliments guys, I'm glad everyone seems to like it. 8)

I got the video uploaded.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/videos/62221-prototype-sw3-video.html

Rc EnthuSiasTs 02-25-2007 09:50 PM

Bender that looks like a sweet chassis. I have been very pleased with the sw2, if this one is better i may neeed to get one. Looks great, excited to see how this chassis changes rc crawling just like your last chassis!!

666 02-25-2007 09:54 PM

My setup,

Good old get parts anywhere bulky PEDE tranny!
16/84 gearing, 65 turn lathe (soon to be a 3013, this week!:twisted:)
Mamba Max esc (best esc period)
5645 hitec servo
Custom high clearance links set up you know who!
Custom high clearance skid " "
Fat Rock axle c's and battery/servo mount
Moab or Mashers. Rc4wd beadlocks.
Blue 1.5 rate springs up front
Yellers out back w/ the special torque twist sauce.
Lot's of hours testing, this set up has changed little since I got it together in October.

It practically drives itself! What more can I say? Any questions?

Thanks for allowing me to have the chance to test this chassis and I can't wait to see a few wup you this weekend Brad!;-)

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 02-25-2007 10:01 PM

Brad, since you milled my 2 down, what do you think is the biggest difference between the two?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...SW2/SW2015.jpg

Rc EnthuSiasTs 02-25-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENDER
Thanks again for all the compliments guys, I'm glad everyone seems to like it. 8)

I got the video uploaded.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62221

You beet me just by seconds, anyway, that vid was amazing, some of the things it did were simply amazing, breakover point seems to be better.

Norcal crawler 02-25-2007 10:03 PM

While everyone is saying great chassis, im saying that i hate you. I just got my SW2 done. Just kidding. Looks soooo cool. I wish i had waited on buying the SW2. Im sure this one is even better, even though I never thought that was possible. I like the part where one side isn't even connected on the top. Awesome work."thumbsup"

BENDER 02-25-2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666
Thanks for allowing me to have the chance to test this chassis and I can't wait to see a few wup you this weekend Brad!;-)

No problem, thanks for helping.

I should have sent all but my test chassis out of state. Maybe then, I wouldn't be struggling so much this Winter Series. ;-) :lol:

Tanis 02-25-2007 10:06 PM

I like the looks of this chassis, Brad. The SW2 is my favorite chassis, and I haven't seen any need to change it. My 9yr old daughter took 5th in the WARCRC summer series running it:!: That has got to say something about this chassis:lol: I just sold her old truck and built her a new black SW2 truck this week. I am currently building my new comp tlt, I want this chassis. LMK when they are available8)

BENDER 02-25-2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE
Brad, since you milled my 2 down, what do you think is the biggest difference between the two?

Not much, this chassis is based off what I did to my Nationals chassis, as well as your SW2. The SW3 probably has more ground clearance, and may be a smidge lighter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norcal crawler
While everyone is saying great chassis, im saying that i hate you. I just got my SW2 done. Just kidding. Looks soooo cool. I wish i had waited on buying the SW2. Im sure this one is even better, even though I never thought that was possible. I like the part where one side isn't even connected on the top. Awesome work."thumbsup"

It'll be a bit before I have any of these ready. It's not like your SW2 is obsolete, now you have an excuse to build a Super or 14er. ;-) :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanis
I like the looks of this chassis, Brad. The SW2 is my favorite chassis, and I haven't seen any need to change it. My 9yr old daughter took 5th in the WARCRC summer series running it:!: That has got to say something about this chassis:lol: I just sold her old truck and built her a new black SW2 truck this week. I am currently building my new comp tlt, I want this chassis. LMK when they are available8)

Thanks, your daughter must have some pretty good driving skills to pull that off. "thumbsup" I will post up when I have some ready.

Norcal crawler 02-25-2007 10:12 PM

Hey, and if you don't want your SW2, ill take it for you, ill even pay the shipping.:lol:

TLTCrawlin 02-25-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanis

I didnt get to see her crawl :-( I think shes kinda sad about me buying her TLT, she was sitting over there watching me put my elecs in it!

51504rock 02-25-2007 10:22 PM

:!: BENDER CUSTOMS SW3 :!:

Here is a link to mine :arrow: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-tlt-crawlers/62226-%2A%2Asw3-chassis%2A%2A-bender-customs-hits-another-home-run.html

( "thumbsup" )

Tanis 02-25-2007 10:23 PM

She was a little sad to see it go, but her all new Black one is consoling her:lol:

Just saw the vid Brad..........SICK is the only word that comes to mind."thumbsup"
I'm going to have a hard time waiting now.
Nathan

USATorque55 02-25-2007 10:25 PM

Seriously awesome.

Have to admit though, a comparison video of an SW2 and SW3 might have a bit better impact just because unless you know the terrain its hard to tell what is a major accomplishment and what isn't.

If that makes any sense at all.

Tanis 02-25-2007 10:27 PM

Watch one of his many vids, many of them on the same terrain/area. I can see the difference just watching this vid once. I'm going to go watch it again.8)

BENDER 02-25-2007 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USATorque55
Seriously awesome.

Have to admit though, a comparison video of an SW2 and SW3 might have a bit better impact just because unless you know the terrain its hard to tell what is a major accomplishment and what isn't.

If that makes any sense at all.

That does make sense, the video doesn't do some of the obstacles justice. I don't have a built SW2 right now. I might do something like that in the future though. ;-)

FrankyRizzo 02-25-2007 10:30 PM

About time!!

Liked mine.

twisted 02-25-2007 10:30 PM

awesome chassis dude !

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 02-25-2007 10:43 PM

Just watched the vid. I'm more impressed w/your driving............sick!!!

FrankyRizzo 02-25-2007 10:58 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of mine.

drumbeater 02-25-2007 11:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here`s mine:
pede trans
Integy 55t
Team Losi Sport ESC
Hitec HS-5625mg servo
Hot Bodies blue adjustable aluminum shocks
2.2 Proline Moabs
Stampede rear wheel narrow to 1 1/4"
Traxxas raido set up (temporary)
HPI Baja Bug body

Krawler Freak 02-25-2007 11:18 PM

talk about out of the box thinking nice work on the chassis Bender, its by far the sickist looking!"thumbsup" and it something of its own its short, light and has a trick shock mount set up.

emaxxjeremy 02-26-2007 05:12 AM

FINALLY!
i have been running mine for a few months now and i do like the overall design. there is some flex, but it is minimal and has no efect on performance. the cut design allows easy tranny removal and motor swaps, which is nice. love the slim black look.
i will get my unedited pics up later of my build

cartronicshn 02-26-2007 06:06 AM

Nice"thumbsup" , Bender i want one, if you have a prototype i'll buy it:D , seriously lmk.

shocker 02-26-2007 06:47 AM

sweet sw3 brad"thumbsup" i will take one too:lol:

J_Bone 02-26-2007 06:51 AM

Yup! Sign me up. I need a new chassis. My current one is a PITA. $70 and it still needs to be modified to work....This damn chassis is costing me time.....
BENDER!! Please hurry....I need a new chassis!! :-(

Wrecker 02-26-2007 07:13 AM

These are awesome chassis. I love mine. You not only get more ground clearence, but a lower center of gravity and an overall lighter chassis. It has everything you want in a comp chassis. It really does puut the sw2 to shame too, which is pretty incredible because the sw2 is an amazing chassis also, just goes to show how awesome the 3 is. As far as trannies, I run a losi xx, tmyjeeper runs the xl-5 pede, and turtle runs a b3 or b4. So we pretty much have most of the options testes out and they all work awesome. The losi tranny made a huge difference compared to the pede though. I will never run a pede tranny again in a comp rig after seeing how much lighter and lower the cg is with the xx tranny. I'll try and get some pics up later of the xx tranny in there. Awesome chassis Brad!!!

BENDER 02-26-2007 08:02 AM

Thanks again for the kind words guys. I will keep everyone posted on the updates with this chassis. "thumbsup"

NU2KRAWLIN 02-26-2007 08:14 AM

Awesome job Bender i now know what my first real crawler is going to be.

Natedog 02-26-2007 10:15 AM

Looks nice but would be nice if the motor side plates overlapped or something so that they are tied together with screws.

Nicklepimp 02-26-2007 10:52 AM

Looks great as usual Bender."thumbsup" But, is it a requirement to run the Bug body on it?:flipoff:

FrankyRizzo 02-26-2007 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicklepimp
But, is it a requirement to run the Bug body on it?:flipoff:

Yes it is.

Cloak 02-26-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicklepimp
Looks great as usual Bender."thumbsup" But, is it a requirement to run the Bug body on it?:flipoff:

I noticed that too for the builds. Most of them have bugs on them. Damn good body for a comp since it rolls right back over with a little throttle.

Wrecker 02-26-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedog
Looks nice but would be nice if the motor side plates overlapped or something so that they are tied together with screws.

As Brad previously stated the motor plates on the production version will be a one piece design, the three piece design is only on the prototypes.

As far as the bug body, I ran mine with a slammed and dovetailed rubi body for a long time until just recently. Your at a huge disadvantage not to run a bug body, they lighter, skinnier, and roll over effortlesly.

emaxxjeremy 02-26-2007 11:20 AM

in the fine print from bender there is a stipulation that "all SW3 chassis shall wear a bug body" :mrgreen:
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL85/.../229057929.jpg

billdapart 02-26-2007 11:36 AM

Yeah

That is a very solid looking rig. I debated getting an SW2 over building a scaler for the last six months.. man I'm glad I went with a scaler now.. I'm SOLD on a second rig now..

So when and where will they be available?

BENDER 02-26-2007 11:49 AM

The bug body is standard issue with the SW3. ;-) :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by billdapart
That is a very solid looking rig. I debated getting an SW2 over building a scaler for the last six months.. man I'm glad I went with a scaler now.. I'm SOLD on a second rig now..

So when and where will they be available?

Thanks, it'll be a while before I have any ready. I just finalized the production drawings last week. I still need to order material, as well as few other things, before I can get started. ;-)

DirkDigler 02-26-2007 11:57 AM

I've been running my ProtoSW3 for our winter comp. It turned me into an average driver to a top place finisher.

Wrecker 02-26-2007 12:18 PM

Here's a link to mine..
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-tlt-crawlers/62279-best-chassis-ever.html

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3.../020726020.jpg