RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tamiya TLT Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-tlt-crawlers/)
-   -   SW3 Prototype..........New Pics of Production Version (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-tlt-crawlers/62206-sw3-prototype-new-pics-production-version.html)

freetimecrawler 02-25-2007 09:36 PM

Congrats on the new design Brad "thumbsup"
I hope your first production run is a large One, I have a feeling you're going to sell alot of these.
Put me down for One as soon as they're available.

BENDER 02-25-2007 09:50 PM

Thanks again for all the compliments guys, I'm glad everyone seems to like it. 8)

I got the video uploaded.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/videos/62221-prototype-sw3-video.html

Rc EnthuSiasTs 02-25-2007 09:50 PM

Bender that looks like a sweet chassis. I have been very pleased with the sw2, if this one is better i may neeed to get one. Looks great, excited to see how this chassis changes rc crawling just like your last chassis!!

666 02-25-2007 09:54 PM

My setup,

Good old get parts anywhere bulky PEDE tranny!
16/84 gearing, 65 turn lathe (soon to be a 3013, this week!:twisted:)
Mamba Max esc (best esc period)
5645 hitec servo
Custom high clearance links set up you know who!
Custom high clearance skid " "
Fat Rock axle c's and battery/servo mount
Moab or Mashers. Rc4wd beadlocks.
Blue 1.5 rate springs up front
Yellers out back w/ the special torque twist sauce.
Lot's of hours testing, this set up has changed little since I got it together in October.

It practically drives itself! What more can I say? Any questions?

Thanks for allowing me to have the chance to test this chassis and I can't wait to see a few wup you this weekend Brad!;-)

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 02-25-2007 10:01 PM

Brad, since you milled my 2 down, what do you think is the biggest difference between the two?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...SW2/SW2015.jpg

Rc EnthuSiasTs 02-25-2007 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENDER
Thanks again for all the compliments guys, I'm glad everyone seems to like it. 8)

I got the video uploaded.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62221

You beet me just by seconds, anyway, that vid was amazing, some of the things it did were simply amazing, breakover point seems to be better.

Norcal crawler 02-25-2007 10:03 PM

While everyone is saying great chassis, im saying that i hate you. I just got my SW2 done. Just kidding. Looks soooo cool. I wish i had waited on buying the SW2. Im sure this one is even better, even though I never thought that was possible. I like the part where one side isn't even connected on the top. Awesome work."thumbsup"

BENDER 02-25-2007 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666
Thanks for allowing me to have the chance to test this chassis and I can't wait to see a few wup you this weekend Brad!;-)

No problem, thanks for helping.

I should have sent all but my test chassis out of state. Maybe then, I wouldn't be struggling so much this Winter Series. ;-) :lol:

Tanis 02-25-2007 10:06 PM

I like the looks of this chassis, Brad. The SW2 is my favorite chassis, and I haven't seen any need to change it. My 9yr old daughter took 5th in the WARCRC summer series running it:!: That has got to say something about this chassis:lol: I just sold her old truck and built her a new black SW2 truck this week. I am currently building my new comp tlt, I want this chassis. LMK when they are available8)

BENDER 02-25-2007 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE
Brad, since you milled my 2 down, what do you think is the biggest difference between the two?

Not much, this chassis is based off what I did to my Nationals chassis, as well as your SW2. The SW3 probably has more ground clearance, and may be a smidge lighter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norcal crawler
While everyone is saying great chassis, im saying that i hate you. I just got my SW2 done. Just kidding. Looks soooo cool. I wish i had waited on buying the SW2. Im sure this one is even better, even though I never thought that was possible. I like the part where one side isn't even connected on the top. Awesome work."thumbsup"

It'll be a bit before I have any of these ready. It's not like your SW2 is obsolete, now you have an excuse to build a Super or 14er. ;-) :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanis
I like the looks of this chassis, Brad. The SW2 is my favorite chassis, and I haven't seen any need to change it. My 9yr old daughter took 5th in the WARCRC summer series running it:!: That has got to say something about this chassis:lol: I just sold her old truck and built her a new black SW2 truck this week. I am currently building my new comp tlt, I want this chassis. LMK when they are available8)

Thanks, your daughter must have some pretty good driving skills to pull that off. "thumbsup" I will post up when I have some ready.

Norcal crawler 02-25-2007 10:12 PM

Hey, and if you don't want your SW2, ill take it for you, ill even pay the shipping.:lol:

TLTCrawlin 02-25-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanis

I didnt get to see her crawl :-( I think shes kinda sad about me buying her TLT, she was sitting over there watching me put my elecs in it!

51504rock 02-25-2007 10:22 PM

:!: BENDER CUSTOMS SW3 :!:

Here is a link to mine :arrow: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-tlt-crawlers/62226-%2A%2Asw3-chassis%2A%2A-bender-customs-hits-another-home-run.html

( "thumbsup" )

Tanis 02-25-2007 10:23 PM

She was a little sad to see it go, but her all new Black one is consoling her:lol:

Just saw the vid Brad..........SICK is the only word that comes to mind."thumbsup"
I'm going to have a hard time waiting now.
Nathan

USATorque55 02-25-2007 10:25 PM

Seriously awesome.

Have to admit though, a comparison video of an SW2 and SW3 might have a bit better impact just because unless you know the terrain its hard to tell what is a major accomplishment and what isn't.

If that makes any sense at all.

Tanis 02-25-2007 10:27 PM

Watch one of his many vids, many of them on the same terrain/area. I can see the difference just watching this vid once. I'm going to go watch it again.8)

BENDER 02-25-2007 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USATorque55
Seriously awesome.

Have to admit though, a comparison video of an SW2 and SW3 might have a bit better impact just because unless you know the terrain its hard to tell what is a major accomplishment and what isn't.

If that makes any sense at all.

That does make sense, the video doesn't do some of the obstacles justice. I don't have a built SW2 right now. I might do something like that in the future though. ;-)

FrankyRizzo 02-25-2007 10:30 PM

About time!!

Liked mine.

twisted 02-25-2007 10:30 PM

awesome chassis dude !

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 02-25-2007 10:43 PM

Just watched the vid. I'm more impressed w/your driving............sick!!!