Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Starting my first crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2007, 07:39 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Starting my first crawler

Well, after seeing some SW2s and some other projects I decided to try my hand at this crawling thing. So far I have locked and bearinged TLT axles with steel yokes pinned to them. I have some Revolver rims currently, but may hold off on putting tires on the rig until my Axials come in off backorder. For shocks i'm running threaded AE T4 bodies with MIP TiNi shafts and progressive piggybacks. The setup will actually be mounted upside down hopefully to get the COG down low. I'm running a Pede tranny with an 87T spur and a 12T pinion and I have all the optional traxxas gears (delrin top gear, aluminum idler) I figured i'd see how this setup ended up working out. I am using Pede axles and a 55T lathe motor for now. At the moment i'm just waiting on my XRC CF TLT kit which will hopefully be in sometime next week. David is doing a few tweaks I requested before shipping it out to me. Either way i'm anxious to really get wrenching on this. Since i've been waiting to get the chassis money together, i've been "perfecting" the components I already have. Should be a tough truck. Just wanted to do a little intro on the truck tonight and i'll do my best to snap some decent photos in the sunlight tomorrow morning before work. I'm trying to blend bling and functionality. So far I think it's turning out great.
AMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #2

I would like to see those shocks you are going to run, I have the Associated Hard Anoed bodies, and Im planning on getting the MIP TiNi shafts. Are the Piggy Back Res's just a replacement cap?

Thanks
shawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:30 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

I am going to try and get pictures up today, but we have some pretty hardcore early morning cloud cover. If it burns up i'll snap off a few photos. The reservoirs actually replace the cap and hold oil and volume compensating foam. As a result, there is no air in the shock, which is why I can run them inverted without worrying about inconsistency.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:09 PM   #4

Where do you get the reservoirs?

Thanks
shawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I got lucky and we had some "old stock" at the store I work at, so I grabbed 3 sets, 2 for the build and one for a spare. I imagine you could probably snap them off eBay or something though. Search progressive piggybacks. They may even be still available, i'm not sure, but we'd had the ones I grabbed since 99. I am still planning to take some pics, but we had some bad weather this morning, so the lighting would have been god awful.