Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TLT build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default TLT build

Ok i got my rock buster today and started putting it together. Here is where i'm at and any help or opinions would be great.
I plan on keeping it semi stock right now because of money so.
I am going to order a pede tranny,, shafts, hitec 645mg servo, 55 lathe motor tomorrow.
Now i need to know what esc to get. I heard moped is good and the price is low to. I would like a waterproof esc but i may jsut do the balloon mod.
Also what reciver should i go with? I don't plan on four wheel stering so i would only need a two channel.
Anything else i have missed?
I have searched and read a lot but need a little help to give the extra push over the edge.
Thanks in advance
BigKRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2007, 09:22 PM   #2
I lost my vendor privileges

moped is real good for the price. good bec. rx go with just cheap ole tq-2 channel problems sometimes with others. balloon idea will kinda work. i burned up a couple that way. but not always. just risk you have to take sometimes.lol put it in balloon, zip tie it,silicone it,then another zip tie after that. should be ok. waterproof esc is great idea just cost a little more. lrp is good except for the forward/reverse delay. m-tronics has less sometimes no delay at all. just soft reverse. maybe some of this will help ya out.keep us posted.
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

a cheap two channel radio and reciever is the tq you can ususally find them on ebay for around 30 bucks, just make sure you buy one with the radio, reciever, and crystals. Novak also makes a pretty good esc, they are usually around 60 bucks so they are fairly inexpensive aand they work really good
MrBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:27 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

thanks guys
BigKRI is offline   Reply With Quote