Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TLT-10 (2.2 Crawler) NEW PICS PAGE 2 (7/7)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2004, 02:40 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: TLT-10 (2.2 Crawler)

Nice looking truck. Don't come over to the small side too often.. Haven't got myself a TLT...just yet.

Also..You can have a 1:1, and r/cs while in college and still goto the events Ask Dirk and Griz about me.... My poor ass is in school, had a helluva Scout until it was stolen, and I have a TXT and a Savage. I can't make it out until August due to my summer job, but you just got to prioritize things.

Also be gald you didn't goto the USAFA, you could almost never play with toys! I almost went there...and shoulda been on a full ride to Mines from the Army.....but apparently they don't like it when you have asthma.

Just look at what you want, what you want to do, and what you can afford...then do everything you can that fits in with the above.

If you every get some free time head on down to Golden or I might come up to Ft Fun!
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2004, 09:56 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Golden eh? That's not all that far at all, maybe if we could get a small group 3 or 4 we could have some fun out there. Are you then currently going to mines? Sorry bout the army rotc I assume. I am actually still getting medically qualified for Air force.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 12:23 AM   #23
RCC Addict

No worries about the AROTC deal...that was a looooong time ago. I am in my 5th and final year at Mines. If you do a search in the Get Togethers section for Boulder Area crawlin you can see pics of my little playpen as Griz calls it.

I won't be living at that house this coming year, but we can still use it...or move them into my new living room :P
Old 07-07-2004, 01:57 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Just got these shots today. I've wanted to take pics at this park for a while.

Old 07-07-2004, 08:51 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Default Re: TLT-10 (2.2 Crawler) NEW PICS PAGE 2 (7/7)

Plays_with_Toys you've got 1 left testicle headed your way! All I need is an address. Deal?

For real that thing is so sick! Chassis looks kinda like how a gecko would look if they build one for a tlt!
cman_1500w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 11:39 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Its still functioning right now... Might be another 40 years of dedicated labor before I need yours, and I'm sure the TLT will be replaced by hover crawlers... Thanks again for the compliments.... Still trying to shoot a movie of the dang thing... Heck, I just want to drive it... been so busy... :( And don't make another offer about how you'll give it a loving home with rocks and you'll devote time every day to play with it....
Old 07-08-2004, 12:49 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Where is that park at Plays? Looks like some fun...or at least good poser photo ops!
Old 07-08-2004, 01:51 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

The park is on Orchard just east of Parker Rd.

It wouldn't offer much fun, the rocks are too large and too far spread apart. It is great for photo ops though, especially if you are willing to get your feet wet, and maybe more so if you are daring enough to take the camera with you in the water, I myself am paranoid about dropping stuff into the water, as I have very bad luck with everything.

Actually, I found a few spots, one is on tower road, just south of orchard, and one is just off of jordan and bronco's ave. I want to shoot my next video at one of those two spots.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:26 PM   #29
bendforthebone

holy sh!t that is one nice truck.
badtodabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:03 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2004, 10:29 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Nice truck, nice poser pics! Now drive it into that water at full speed! C'mon, everyone's doing it. ;)

rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 08:26 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

how long does this make the wheelbase?
Bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:28 PM   #33

Default So what kina digii cam ya get?

B/C the pics look sharp. In other pics your top looks kinda red purple, but w/ the new pics it looks orange (pearl?) and blue. Also, did I miss out on the description of those rings its wearing? Was wondering about how they were attached etc.
TurboB18C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:36 PM   #34
RCC Addict

killer photos dan! my digital camera is probably my most used gadget i own!

are those t-maxx shocks by powerline? if so, what springs are you using?
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:27 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Holy old thread batman!

Turbo, the truck is candy red, with silver back up, then black to darken the overall color. The back is candy blue with a single light layer of silver, and then backed with black. The rings themselves are from lowes. I can't remember the name of them now... they are these lock rings that you use on electrical conduit/piping. I just glued them on, but after some hard crawling, one popped off, and the metal being glued to plastic discolored the black plastic.

Greg, the piggy back shocks are the EDC Progressive maxx shocks. They are somewhere in the range of $150 for four, but I got them for $40 because of a mix up. The blue ones are hotbodies 4 inch shocks. Much better. No leaking, unlike the progressives. And I agree. I LOVE my camera. Its a canon A80, and takes (in my opinion) some of the most detailed shots on rccrawler and many other forums I frequent.