Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: another 2.2 hustler build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2007, 10:25 PM   #41
I lost my vendor privileges

looks great.cant wait.
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2007, 10:37 PM   #42
RCC Addict

the blocks are 5 1/4" high, here are a few pics compared to the tires
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:49 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

halfcab..... you got that thing done yet? mine will be done this weekend. got the r2 in. the dig works good. keep working, no sleep, no birthday partys till its done..... looks real good. keep up the good work.
bill c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:56 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill c View Post
halfcab..... you got that thing done yet? mine will be done this weekend. got the r2 in. the dig works good. keep working, no sleep, no birthday partys till its done..... looks real good. keep up the good work.

playing with drive lines now
Old 08-10-2007, 11:42 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Looks good! Hey mister rich uncle/unofficial sponsor, when are we going to see action shots?
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 12:06 AM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal crawler View Post
Looks good! Hey mister rich uncle/unofficial sponsor, when are we going to see action shots?

soon boy, very soon, need to make a smooth skid for that gawd awful piece of swiss cheese rock catcher on the under side of it, make a nicer limit strap for the front and figure out how I'm going to mount the battery
Old 08-11-2007, 09:28 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
"How do you confuse a wife? Turn over for answer..." written on both sides.
I just had to wipe off my monitor - that's good!!!

I like to tell people "you not smart enough to pour piss out of a boot - even if the instructions were written on the bottom of the heel"

Hmmm, sort of looks like some old hot rods from when I was a kid - jacked up in the back! The true test will be on the rocks...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #48
RCC Addict

it works awesome, still need to make a few adjustments, but very pleased over all, brushless motor is going in the circular file, 55t with 12/90 gearing and 11.1v lipo are going to be in full effect, going to a get together tomorrow and will get action pics
Old 08-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #49
Keep it real

Nice, looking forward to hearing how it stacks up to other rigs with the setup you are running

Nathan
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:56 PM   #50
RCC Addict

I've seen a lot of builds lately with droop up front and springs in the back. What's the advantage to running this suspension? I guess you wouldn't have to worry about the front end unloading on a steep climb. Why springs in the back? By the way, great looking crawler.
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:51 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
I've seen a lot of builds lately with droop up front and springs in the back. What's the advantage to running this suspension? I guess you wouldn't have to worry about the front end unloading on a steep climb. Why springs in the back? By the way, great looking crawler.

I have seen hustlers run and was not totally impressed with how they ran, the rigs I am talking about are probably some of the best setup hustlers out there, and I wanted to try something different and I think that this setup might be better than what I have seen, what I think may be wrong but I was very impressed with the first test of this setup, going to try to hook up with some people this afternoon with some well sorted out trucks and see how it compares, my comp rig is not running right now so I can't do a side by side comparison as that would be ideal
Old 08-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #52
RCC Addict

well it pretty much kept up with a well sorted gimbal tuber with my set up, but I have not put any weight on it any where, it needs a bunch on the front axle, this was going to be a try it and see if you can get it to work or sell it deal and now it might just replace my regular comp rig, going to try to move the servo back like johnson420 did and high clearance the rear lower links and build a trans skid that slides instead of getting caught on everything , sorry no pics from today camera batteries were dead
Old 08-12-2007, 09:04 PM   #53

i agree with you on the skid.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:41 AM   #54
RCC Addict

got my lexan skid done and mounted, need to take pics of it mounted, I made it longer than the base of the chassis and clearanced it around the links and drive shafts
Old 08-15-2007, 06:03 AM   #55

looking good 1/2 cab. i thought about doing one kinda like that out of metal. thin galvanized flashing or maybe some sheet metal.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #56
Rock Stacker

Thats a good looking rig love those wheels watching some on ebay as of right know
JTrusley77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Interesting. Glad you like it
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrusley77 View Post
Thats a good looking rig love those wheels watching some on ebay as of right know
mine are not ericsons, they are RD Customs aluminum beadlocks, thanks though, they are awesome, never had a tire come loose and I only use 4 screws per side most of the time, cause I'm lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
Interesting. Glad you like it
I didn't think you would totally approve of this one, but without driving yours or 420's, I don't know for sure but it seems way more predictable on verts and side hills than the full droop setup, only time will tell, as soon as my comp rig gets back to me there is going to be some serious comparison testing done, as in same lines and same tires, with both the rock claws and cut mashers
Old 08-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

is that thing ready to go or is it still broken. well get it done for this sunday, at the lake.
bill c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfcab View Post
I didn't think you would totally approve of this one, but without driving yours or 420's, I don't know for sure but it seems way more predictable on verts and side hills than the full droop setup, only time will tell, as soon as my comp rig gets back to me there is going to be some serious comparison testing done, as in same lines and same tires, with both the rock claws and cut mashers
Approve? It's your rig, do whatever you want. I love to see people try different set-ups and encourage it. Who's to say until it has been tried.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote