Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Problems after problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2007, 08:35 PM   #101
Quarry Creeper

Marzzz I'm working on making my first set now. Once I get it figured out I'll let you know. They wont be anything like the one I got now though
rocktoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2007, 12:59 PM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Well last night I broke a CVD. I didnt post till I took it apart. Pin is broken and the inner came apart at the hole for the pin.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:05 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Its now completely stock again. Dig is getting hooked back up now as well.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:24 PM   #104
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Could you fit a clod sized CVD into a tlt size axle? I would love to run something so overkill, even if I have to run special wheels.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:27 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

I was actually thinking man a package deal. Some slightly bigger CVD's, Slightly bigger knuckels and C hubs to fit them
Old 10-23-2007, 01:31 PM   #106
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

I cleaned up this thread.

Fishmax has been banned for one week for vendor bashing. Anyone else want a vacation?

Last edited by badger; 10-23-2007 at 01:51 PM.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:07 PM   #107
RCC Addict

Lightbulb

"We could make all of these parts from exotic materials but are you willing to pay a couple hundred bucks for one CVD?"

Honestly you know people would buy them

If you ever raced a nitro truggy / 1/8 scale buggy you know the stress that attacks the entire RC , From the chassis to the electronics and across the drive train.

Breakage is evident in all forms of manufacturing. I had designed a 8mm cvd ( Turned from Ti ) for use with the maxx suspension . It worked and as opposed to the other companies it was far superior . Yes it did fail some of the time.

What I feel you need to do is produce a part what ever it may be . Let the people who you have test it put it through its paces. I mean really torture it. After you have say your first 4 testers run the part , Take it back inspect it . Then give that exact same part to another driver . YOU know every person drives differently. What you will see is that the first cut of drivers will have "weaken" or "broken down" the product . When the second cut of drivers run that same part they will be experiencing how the part is First of all , How it is to install after the first beating . Then they will see how well the part holds up to there driving. Most of the time if the part is designed right you will see the normal wear and tear . If it fails you will know when cause you will have inspected after the first run and take note to wear the tear is from that driver .

What every company needs is good documented quality control . If you think that is non productive then your in the wrong mind set . And you will loose money then , And noone wants that especially the consumer.

Sometimes you need to take the most straight attack and go for it. If you would drop a pair of the MIP CVD's for $150.00 , AFTER going through at least a 5-6 month "test cycle" and stated what you did for testing , I know for a FACT that ALL the hardcore and back yard bashers would not mind spending the money on the part.

I am a firm believer of quality. And there are companies out there that just sell crap . And people buy it cause its cheap and gets them by.

I for one run your cvd's , I was running a slipper and have since dismantled the slipper as I want to see what fails . Since being in this hobby and finally entering some competitions I have only had 1 MIP Clod CVD fail and it was just that the cross pin was sheered. And have had all 4 of the Axial wheels strip under a low load . Has this since turned me away from running the cvd's HELL NO! It did how ever stop me from running the Axial 40's .

So I will say this , Take what you read here as a learning and training and also a testing experience . Remember you always want your products to improve and be recognized as 1 of the best.

RCP , you are one of the bigger vendors in this market , Keep it that way .

Prototype , a CVD and HUSTLER driver that is loving everything about the sport!
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Oh we did torture test the the first ones. There were ~ 10 members here that got them. They had 1 instruction. To break them. Well a few did. What they broke was the wheel axle. The problem was immediately addressed and repaired by MIP under their close supervision, and expertise in the field. We did not start seeing failures in the "bell" until much later. It to has been revised and is now stronger. Remember this product was designed over one year ago. About 14 months to be exact. The OG revolver was the standard for BIG power at the time. Some of the motors and voltages being run now in 2.2 did not even exist back then. Nor did any of these huge hybrid tires. That said, we designed them for what was out at the time.

Remember when all you had to do was swap in a Dana 60 on most 1:1 rigs and you had all the strength needed? That is HARDLY the case these days, same thing is true in R/C Crawling. We are always looking for ways to make our parts indestructable, and will continue to do so. But it can only happen with the next run of parts.

When we first came out with the CVD's we had a bunch of people balk at the price. I can have the next batch quoted in exotics and let you guys know how much more they will be.

Last edited by Rockpiledriver; 10-23-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:41 PM   #109
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

To give you an idea of the power I would like my 2.2 to handle, about 1hp is what I like my motors to produce when I need it. That is about 70 amps on a 3 cell lipo. 8mm kyosho shafts bend slowly under the power. I just cant shrink my TF axles narrow enough.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:43 PM   #110
Quarry Creeper

Yeah this is a constantly evolving hobby. It changing fast with its on going rise in popularity.

I'm actually interested in some of those CVD's. Not only would I consider them but I'll thrash them and actually try to break them if you wish. Seems thats something I'm good at.

The hybrid tires I dont think really cause as much added stress as people think. I do think they add stress at times but at some times the stress is actually less due to the size. Mine measure out to 5 9/16 tall mounted. Imex rates the redrock at 5.5 which isnt much less and probly is a candadate for wheel hop just by looking at the tread pattern. We all know wheel hop leads to shockloading. I'm sure a few of these have been ran on TLT axles over the years. I'd be willing to bet the new rc4wd rock stompers show up on a few tlt setups and the 2.2 is supossed to be 5.5 tall. The taller tire wont go away anytime soon though I suspect.

I have no clue if that makes sense to anyone besides me.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:26 PM   #111
Quarry Creeper

Almost forgot to update this. I looked at the stock pinon when I changed the CVD's out. Slight wear starting to show on it but nothing worth worrying about. I pushed a bit of grease on the teeth and slapped it back together.

Steering is lacking angle due to not having CVD's in it but I ran it hard tonight. Rocks are all wet cause its been raining on and off. Lotsa throttle needed tonight to get up longer climbs.

Damage report for the night. I lost a body clip. I can deal with that
Old 10-25-2007, 12:01 PM   #112
Rock Crawler

What I wanna know is where is that crawling spot? The one that seems to be a mountaintop. If its near Allentown or in the valley anywhere I might have to check it out. Im only 30 minutes from there. I need more local crawling spots....
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:18 PM   #113
varcor.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocktoy View Post
Rocks are all wet cause its been raining on and off.
you suck... must be nice to have rocks in your backyard for RC crawling... plus a few minutes away for 1:1 crawling...

Quote:
Steering is lacking angle due to not having CVD's in it
shave the stock stubs. i did that with my old 2.2 TLT and ran pretty hard on the jetty rocks...
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:29 PM   #114
Rock Stacker

Talking cry'n the blues

this guy has probably never ran a real truck as hard as the r/c cars are pushed parts break buy new ones or lay off the throttle.

you know that if your sponsored by VISA the parts just keep rolling in
flee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #115
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by flee View Post
this guy has probably never ran a real truck as hard as the r/c cars are pushed parts break buy new ones or lay off the throttle.

Yeah I never wheeld a 4wd truck before. Read my sig line before you make such a retarted comment
Old 10-25-2007, 08:50 PM   #116
Quarry Creeper

Swell searcher I'm not bothering. I got a set of TF axles sitting here to get narrowed for my next 2.2 rig

BTW when you want to go wheeling You gota run the new comp course. Verticle climbs are a blast in the new rig
Old 10-26-2007, 07:25 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by flee View Post

Wow, Im guessing this guy has never seen Rocktoys Toyota Pickup. I bet that Rocktoy has broken more Longfield 30 spline axles in one year than anyone else
Eric_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:01 PM   #118
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_N View Post
Wow, Im guessing this guy has never seen Rocktoys Toyota Pickup. I bet that Rocktoy has broken more Longfield 30 spline axles in one year than anyone else
I wish I still had some of the good pics from the old rig. To bad my photo site crashed
Old 10-26-2007, 06:18 PM   #119
varcor.org

Quote:
I wish I still had some of the good pics from the old rig. To bad my photo site crashed
the old days with IFS!!!!
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:48 PM   #120
Rock Stacker

Talking toyota w/40's

well since you wheel a real truck at least it is a toyota

sig line: 87 toyota 33's spooled and camo
flee is offline   Reply With Quote