Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: How to make a TLT look scale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2004, 04:26 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default How to make a TLT look scale

CAn sombody tell me how to make a TLT look like a scale crawler and still have it preform well and how much it will cost me???Also how mechanicly inclinedd to R/C's will i need to be???
pinkfloydman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2004, 07:19 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: How to make a TLT look scale

well to look scale you need to run some type of link system such as taxx links to make it longer also new tiers and rims look good and i lengthend mine enought fit a tmaxx body it looks better under one of those it looks really scale they look the best under a jeep but ehh me no like the jeep also you dont need to be to inclided just look at the other tlts int the forum will give you a great idea of what can be done
firstumustcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 02:07 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Check the TLT-1 and TLT-10 FAQ/ tip thread that I made. It has instructions on how to make a TLT-10 using basically only purchased items (no fabrication required), and also talks about what to do if you are fabbing up one.

Cost is going to be flexible. If you had all the radio gear, and extra wheels/tires laying around, or if you are able to fabricate the stuff yourself, it will obviously be less. Base price for a TLT is $120-140, so expect atleast around $200 for a rolling truck, the tires/wheels being the most expensive part.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:59 AM   #4

I spent less than $20.00 on mine to make it look more scale. I already had wheels/tires and shocks but even if you must buy those parts, my method is easier and cheaper than Playswithtoys method.
RCJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 12:43 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Just look though the posts, mine cost more then rcjims and I think about the same as plays with toys. They are all 3 very different trucks that perform very well. It all depends on the $$, time and function of the vehicle.
Nate
sig_p232 is offline   Reply With Quote