Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Rock Racer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Rock Racer

Well its fun, kinda slow seems to be at 25mph-30mph.
It will pull me on a skateboard at that speed. It doesn't want to stall and it runs for only 20-25 minutes.

It shore is perty though.

Thats a 24 under there, Yay Me!

Details:
Spektrum Radio
Airtroniks servo (200oz torque) Integy axle support
Trinity Matched 5000mah 6 cell pack
Mtroniks 600 brushless 3000kv, 23 tooth pinion
TXT-1 Tranny cut and flipped, Revo Shafts, Cut wheels and tires
Associated Rod Ends, Tamiya shocks, Tamiya Green Springs, 30wt oil, 3 hole pistons, stainless, titanium, and hardened steel screws.
justadork is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by justadork View Post
Well its fun, kinda slow seems to be at 25mph-30mph.
It will pull me on a skateboard at that speed. It doesn't want to stall and it runs for only 20-25 minutes.
haha slow at 25-30!? we say like 10mph is fasttt. and only 20-25 minutes? that is pretty good run time. and pretty? only a mother...

sorry i had to contradict everything you said. i couldn't help it. here is what i would do to it if it were mine: First lose the bumper. if 25 mph is slow to you i'd say make it like molasses and you might get an hour run time. get some different tires like maybe some proline mashers might suit you. and lastly, cut the bottom off the chassis, mount the links higher, relocate the battery after it has lost its home and then it should be pretty close to competitive but seeing as there are no rock race competitions organized yet, you may be out of luck on that part...
RCMFMaxxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMFMaxxMan View Post
haha slow at 25-30!? we say like 10mph is fasttt. and only 20-25 minutes? that is pretty good run time. and pretty? only a mother...

sorry i had to contradict everything you said. i couldn't help it. here is what i would do to it if it were mine: First lose the bumper. if 25 mph is slow to you i'd say make it like molasses and you might get an hour run time. get some different tires like maybe some proline mashers might suit you. and lastly, cut the bottom off the chassis, mount the links higher, relocate the battery after it has lost its home and then it should be pretty close to competitive but seeing as there are no rock race competitions organized yet, you may be out of luck on that part...
Yeah, I don't rock crawl, the only thing I crawl up is curbs and the 1/2 pipe at the skatepark, everything else yay speed!
justadork is offline   Reply With Quote