Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: My Super

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
Keep it real

Default My Super

I threw this together to see what happens. Worked well today on the rocks with no tuning. Rebuilt the shocks tonight with heavier oil and stiffer springs. Still need to do a bunch of work. The Cobalt with the R2HD on 3cell lipo is perfect, it can creep with the best of them, but still retains lots of wheelspeed for those bump or save situations.
Specs:
TXT axles(stock for now )
CCBEC
R2HD
Cobalt Puller 10T
Revo shafts
Mashers on Cheyenne narrow beadlocks(after I get wideners) on cheapy rims for now
React radio
Losi aluminum shocks
3cell lipo
Losi Grappler body

Still need to get/do:
A couple of DS 8711's, another MM so I don't have to steal it out of my daughter's comp rig, build disconnect, paint/mount body, wideners so I can run my beadlocks, fab on the axles , bend rear lower links for clearance.

Last edited by Tanis; 02-18-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2008, 10:29 PM   #2
Trying to have Fun Again

Oh justin is gonna be happy to see your using his chassis
Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:31 PM   #3
Keep it real

It actually worked out really well. I had to add the extensions on the rear, so the shocks would reach. It is very stable, will almost crawl on it's side.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:14 PM   #4
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue670 View Post
Sweet!! good to see you like the chassis so far. I can't wait to see it perform up close. Although the chassis was never designed to be used with a tranny/shafty setup it looks like it can be converted easily enough.
You gonna have it there on the 27th?

Justin
J&M Custom RC
Yes, I'll have it there, but I don't know if it will run yet. I need parts still, as I had to steal out of the other comp rigs to get it running today. It was very easy to mate to shafty axles, the chassis is perfect width for the R2HD, like it was made for it, and I just had to add the extensions on the back for the shocks to reach, as mounting them on the links in a shafty is a good way to amplify the torquetwist dramatically.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

any pic with the body on.TXT all the way
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #6
TEAM MODERATOR

Looks like your gonna have a ton of squat in the rear.

Whats the WB? Looks a tad short compared to most supers. I'm gonna be running my 14r in super class this year. From the little testing I've done,I'm liking it real well.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:40 PM   #7
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beatjeep View Post
any pic with the body on.TXT all the way
I haven't made body mounts for it yet, or painted up the Grappler either, but I'll post pics when I do
Old 01-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
Looks like your gonna have a ton of squat in the rear.

Whats the WB? Looks a tad short compared to most supers. I'm gonna be running my 14r in super class this year. From the little testing I've done,I'm liking it real well.
WB is just under 17", and will be slightly shorter after I bend the rear lower links for clearance.
If by squat you mean it will do stupid vert.....then yes I don't know all the lingo for 4links, all I know about how they work, is what I have learned through testing When I get on the throttle it wants to raise the rear of the chassis, and tries to push the front down, which is how I set up all my rigs, is that what squat is?
14r in Superclass... I just hope your club doesn't do like mine did and start setting up climbs where you can't reach unless you have a longer WB
Old 01-21-2008, 06:10 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

thanks
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #10
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
WB is just under 17", and will be slightly shorter after I bend the rear lower links for clearance.
If by squat you mean it will do stupid vert.....then yes I don't know all the lingo for 4links, all I know about how they work, is what I have learned through testing When I get on the throttle it wants to raise the rear of the chassis, and tries to push the front down, which is how I set up all my rigs, is that what squat is?
14r in Superclass... I just hope your club doesn't do like mine did and start setting up climbs where you can't reach unless you have a longer WB

Looking at the side profile of your rig it looks to have squat BAD. The way you describe it,it's got anti squat. Thats odd. Looking at the side profile....less vertical separation at the chassis as compared to the axle mounts will generally give squat. Meaning the ass end will squat when the throttle is applied.

With a droop rig,having some squat is good. It sets the suspension tight when accelerating and keeps it planted when climbing. On a sprung set up,squat will generally make the front end light when climbing.

I think my 14r will fair pretty good. It's a belly dragger BAD. The belly pan is nearly the same level as the bottom of the diffs. Gonna set it up pretty fast so I can jump the verticles Should kick ass in the tight sections though. The axles I'm using,it should turn a 360* radius within itself
Old 01-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #11
Keep it real

That is interesting on the link geometry, but that is the way it climbs for me and I just checked your 14r build, really like it.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I love this rig Tanis. Once you get it up and running I want to come over to the Eastside and check it out. After the Wolverine is up and running of course.
SpyderMonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #13
Keep it real

Oh yeah
Old 01-22-2008, 11:30 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Looking at the side profile of your rig it looks to have squat BAD. The way you describe it,it's got anti squat. Thats odd. Looking at the side profile....less vertical separation at the chassis as compared to the axle mounts will generally give squat. Meaning the ass end will squat when the throttle is applied.

With a droop rig,having some squat is good. It sets the suspension tight when accelerating and keeps it planted when climbing. On a sprung set up,squat will generally make the front end light when climbing.

I think my 14r will fair pretty good. It's a belly dragger BAD. The belly pan is nearly the same level as the bottom of the diffs. Gonna set it up pretty fast so I can jump the verticles Should kick ass in the tight sections though. The axles I'm using,it should turn a 360* radius within itself
I'm not sure if it's any different in the RC world but on a 1:1 rig it's the opposite of what you are describing. If you have lots of seperation at the axle and just a little bit at the frame (similar to how tanis' rig is setup) you will have more anti squat. The closer the frame and axle mounts are in terms of the amount of seperation they have the more squat they will have.

Just looking at the pics I'd say Tanis' rig would have over 150% antisquat.

BTW Nice looking rig Tanis, I dig it.

Last edited by blue-beard; 01-22-2008 at 11:37 AM.
blue-beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #15
TEAM MODERATOR

Blue Beard,I don't know what I was thinking. I'll have to take my comment back. Since the links are going in the upward direction,I guess it does indeed create anti squat. Heres a picture I use for reference.......

I've got some killer PDF files with a few different link configurations and their specs if ya'll would like them. They are all for 1:1 measurements,but they can be scaled down.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Blue Beard,I don't know what I was thinking. I'll have to take my comment back. Since the links are going in the upward direction,I guess it does indeed create anti squat. Heres a picture I use for reference.......

I've got some killer PDF files with a few different link configurations and their specs if ya'll would like them. They are all for 1:1 measurements,but they can be scaled down.
No worries. It's so easy to get confused with all the different terms and there meanings in suspension geometry.

Last edited by blue-beard; 01-22-2008 at 01:22 PM.
blue-beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #17
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-beard View Post
BTW Nice looking rig Tanis, I dig it.
Thanks Bluebeard I was wondering if the lower link angle would affect it at all, now I see from the pics that it indeed does