Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Parker's 2.2 Tuber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 07:57 PM   #1

Default Parker's 2.2 Tuber

Why do you keep moving my threads, I just asked a question in the TXT section so the TXT guys would see it and maybe have an answer. I wanted to know if any other stubs might happen to work with TXT inner axles.

I've already surfed for untold hours, reading posts, searching for answers to my questions, and found lots of cool tips. I want to do something & different push the envelope a little, and I'd like to pull some information from some of the guys here who have great knowledge.

If you'd like to see some of the stuff I build, check out my web site www.parkermotorsports.com I have some pics of my custom 400 HP Turbo Yamaha RX1 snowmobile and the turbo kit I'm currently designing for the Yamaha Nytro.

Thanks for reading my rant, and I'd really appreciate it if anyone knows if any other stubs will fit on the TXT inner axles.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
MODERHATER™

You want to replace the inner axles?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:02 PM   #3

No I want to cut off the C's make new smaller ones with say AX10 knuckles and outer stubs so the 2.2 wheels can fit further over to narrow the track. Not to mention that the AX10 knuckles and stubs are very narrow themselves.

Last edited by Parker; 01-26-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
MODERHATER™

I think your only option is cut and braze then.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #5

So the dogbone part of a TXT axle is way larger than all the other manufacturers?
Old 01-24-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
MODERHATER™

Clod and TXT axles interchange, the clod stubs are shorter.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Clod and TXT axles interchange, the clod stubs are shorter.
I found that in one of my many searches.

I also pulled out my wheely king stub and its pretty close if I mill out the slot for the pin it might work.

I'll post in the AX10 forum to see if someone could measure the ball and pin on those with some calipers.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:57 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Like 666 mentioned, I think you could expand your searching into the clod area. I don't own either but seem to remember a post by someone that was trying to decrease the size where the kingpins mount. Might have been custom aluminum knuckles, I can't remember.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:57 PM   #9

It's easier to make C's and use commercially available knuckles.

The txt inner axle ball joint end is 5.8mm with a 2.11mm pin. the Wheely King is 6.03mm ball and 1.84mm pin. So I could use King knuckles and stubs by milling out the slot to accept the TXT pin. But I believe the AX10 Knuckles are shorter than the kings, so I'd rather use them. I think at the same time I'd turn out the TXT inners behind the ball so they won't be the limiting factor when turning.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:40 AM   #10
Colt Python/SR9c

It was moved, as was your other, because your first post had nothing more than "i like the dig setup and txt axles are rockwells, how cool..how can I keep it narrow?"

Posts like that are moved on a daily basis, because we have members that like to rip into guys for such questions. So we try to move them before it happens. There is no reason to get butthurt over having a thread in that section. Our newbie section doesn't mean you just a dumb noob. It is more for the simple questions in such an area that flaming is not allowed.

Also, there is no need and is against the rules to have 2 threads asking the same questions. More guys read the newbie section than you think. So someone may have tried it, sold their axles and no longer visit the TXT section but do read the newbie section.

But if your wanting to do something different and push the envelope, do it and see what you come up with. Go look for "Tiny" in the TLT section and look at his rear axle
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:27 PM   #11

You're right some people do read the newbie section.

I was trying to provoke a thought starting thread where guys with TXT experience would see it and add thoughts to it. I think you should have left it day or so to see where it grew to after all it was just a sprout that could be a flower or a weed, but you never know until it grows a little.

I have surfed and read a lot of post on here (lurking) and there is some great info here. I even found something on here you could learn from.

Should this cop be fired!

LMFAO
Old 01-26-2008, 06:44 AM   #12
Colt Python/SR9c

Yep, and here is one you can learn from Read Me First Or Die A Painful Death

Old 01-26-2008, 07:19 AM   #13

Hmm, interesting!

I have been posting on another forum (electric helis) for many thousands of posts and have seen this issue come up time and time again. Both sides have a good point. The primary issue seems to be, how to best welcome the new guys (beginner RC guy or experienced who is hew here) while weeding through the same question asked a thousand times. Some guys are too gentle regarding correcting a newbie and do not get their point accross while others are so rude "I am sick of hearing this same dumb-A.. question!!" I think there is agood middle ground somewhere. But, where is that middle ground and how many times does THIS topic have to be discussed?

So, I am firmly planted in the middle. Is that a good thing?

Oh, hmm, I am a newbie myself! But, I am only a newbie to this forum and very well known on others. I have felt very welcome here for the short time I have been posting.

Do I feel a tear coming on?

Last edited by N-Sane; 01-26-2008 at 07:22 AM.
N-Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:25 AM   #14
Colt Python/SR9c

Nope, but a group hug is in order
Old 01-26-2008, 10:47 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
Nope, but a group hug is in order
That was my next suggestion.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #16

I see where you are coming from, One of my job duties working with the engineering team at bd-power.com is to do tech support, thank god I only have to take the ones that get escalated from the tech department because I'd shoot myself if I had answer all the same question day in and out.

You should have blasted me on the first thread and told me to get to the point, that would have helped the sprout grow into a tree, LOL. But in my defense I'm trying to go a direction only a small hand full of guys would ever go.

I'm not pissed, I'm only messing with you. is this the group hug part. HAHAHA
Old 01-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #17

Man, too many warm fuzzies going on!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

More tech, less gayness, or start a rainbow forum.
I mounted some Erickson delrin beadlocks on TXT axles, reversed with the hex cut all the way through the wheel, custom disk/rings for a stop for the hex along with some custom hexes. It's under the width for the 2.2 class, I'd go my route over messing with stub shafts and all, oh yeah, also I've got TTR CVDs.
Rock Juggy Buggy Tuber Build
Rock Juggy Buggy Tuber Build
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #19
TEAM MODERATOR

Is this a tech section or the group therapy section?
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #20
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
Is this a tech section or the group therapy section?
Calling Dr Phil
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote