Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: front digs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 12:49 AM   #1

Default front digs

Gday all im new to this forum. Been told to ask you guys a question about R2 diconnect trannys. Benn from TTS Australia told me to put this question to you guys. I have brought an r2 tranny with disconnect about a month ago. I have just seen a thread here about front digs. Have any of you guys or know anyone that has tried a R2 tranny in a TXT-1. Just wondering how it went if at all.
Thankd for you help Dane
haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2008, 03:09 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I heard the original R2 tranny would shred the gears when trying to power the TXT's.Now with the addition of a 2 speer,heavy duty and other types from them they are better.There is a dig setup that is done in the cap of a TXT axle where the driveshaft goes in that is really cool
red jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:24 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Location: Ramstein Air Base Germany ...ya Ive been Ramshafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by red jim View Post
I heard the original R2 tranny would shred the gears when trying to power the TXT's.Now with the addition of a 2 speer,heavy duty and other types from them they are better.There is a dig setup that is done in the cap of a TXT axle where the driveshaft goes in that is really cool

Does anyone know where this thread is? Ive been trying to find it as well. I ran accross it 3 days ago but cant find it now??
CCFBERG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Disregaurd!!!! I found it. I searched all over for it yesterday.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Has anyone had problems with the rear diff when doing the rear disconnect mods? I done the rear disconnect but now the rear diff unloads under load and the gears dont stay meshed together and grinds the gears. I've tried differant springs inside to tension it up more but still does it. I've got a 14kg servo for the disconnect so thats not a problem. Any ideas people?
1tuff40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:24 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tuff40 View Post
Has anyone had problems with the rear diff when doing the rear disconnect mods? I done the rear disconnect but now the rear diff unloads under load and the gears dont stay meshed together and grinds the gears. I've tried differant springs inside to tension it up more but still does it. I've got a 14kg servo for the disconnect so thats not a problem. Any ideas people?

This was the first flaw I thought about in that method. I thought.....ok so what happends under heavy load? the bevel gears will want to push each other away and then no lock. Im looking into my own way to do this, I will let you know if I come up with something that works with no flaws. Id have to say that its a method flaw! Thats why after looking at this mod and evaluating it several times, Im not so sure about it. But as of right now I cant give you any advice cause I havent even started it yet.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:58 PM   #7
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tuff40 View Post
How stiff a spring are you using, I never had my teeth skip when I ran it that way, and that was with a big brushless motor.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I never had an issue with stripping either... but I know Miniwheeler did (I ran it with small 4.5 to 5.5inch tall tires Jim ran his with Moab xl's).
grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:42 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Mine slipped with the big 40 series slingers on it,had to bag the idea and return to stock with rear steer as I was to lazy to but any effort or thought into it.

Maybe with new gears it would work fine but i didnt make the mod to the new ones when I changed it up.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I think its a great 2.2 tire mod just too weak for the big stuff
miniwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:00 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Default front dig

Im using part of a blue hard savage spring. It's the heaviest spring i had. Plus im running the losi m/t's pretty much a 40 series tyre. I think too much load with that size tyre. Now in the process of adapting the R2 disconnect parts to a V2 tranny. Should work much better ( or at least i hope so.........). Doesn't look like much just gotta make sure it's lined up accurate.
1tuff40 is offline   Reply With Quote