Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Juggy Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #1

Question Juggy Questions

I'm getting a set of three Juggernaut axles soon. I'm wondering exactly which parts will interchange among the Clod, TXT, and Juggy. From what I have gathered the axleshafts will interchange and the steering knuckles. The internals are the same as a TXT, but alittle stronger. Also the input shaft diameter is 5mm on the Juggy and 6mm on the TXT. Is that all?? How wide is a TXT/Juggy axle from hex to hex with the TTR CVD's? I'm planning on replacing the TLT axles on my heavy scaler/basher. I've been running 2.2 Rockstompers with lead in each wheel. My old original axleshafts couldn't take the pressure so I replaced them with 303 Stainless axles. Two sets of axles did nor last more than 20 minutes, total. The metal was too soft and the ends would bend and deform, then the pin would bend. So I decided to make my truck bombproof since I live an hour and a half from the nearest LHS in Medford. I think with the Juggy axles I should be fine, especially since I wouldn't have to get different driveshafts. Sorry to ramble on, I just hope I'm heading in the right direction...
tymbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Your right:

First let's get the TXT stuff out of the way. Your right, TXTs use a 6mm input shaft instead of the Jugg's 5mm. TXTs also have the top link mounts molded into the top cover. Last is TXTs have an outer shaft that is a little longer than Clod/Jugg because the TXT plastic wheel adapter(which can only be used for TXT wheels) is a little wider. That is why TXTs have a slightly wider track than Clod/Jugg. But you can swap in Clod/Jugg outer shafts and have the same track as Clod axles.

Clod/Jugg use the same inner and outer shafts, knuckles, 6mm washers, e-clips, and wheel adapters. Differentials are completely different.

I have no idea what the width is with TTR CVDs.
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #3

Default Thanks!!

Thanks for your input. I suppose the TTR CVD's should be fairly close to stock Clod width...
Old 04-12-2008, 11:58 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'm glad you asked that question. I just got a set of jugg1 axles and have learned a lot from the members on RCC. now I know some more. I need to find out where to get the differentials and gears from. I can't find them any where, yet. It definitely helps to know what parts interchange with other trucks. thanks to everyone for all the info.

ED
evileddy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Another thing to remember is that the Jugg1 axles use the smaller top gears,(about the size of a dime),and the Jugg2 uses the bigger top gears(about the size of a quarter.) Because of this the axle housings are different also.But,you can interchange the Jugg2 and TXT axle housings.You can use just the top mount from the TXT on Jugg2 axles if you wanted to.It is possible to convert Jugg 2 axles to TXT, but it is a bit costly for the metal parts bag from the TXT kit.
jgb7038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #6

Default upgrade

Is it still possible to get the parts to upgrade to TXT parts??? That seems like a pretty significant difference in size and strength.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I havent checked lately.I would check the tower hobbies sight. Thats where I got the TXT kit parts from.I dont know if other places might be able to get them as well,I never had to find out. I could probably get you the part numbers from the kit if you need them. If I remember right it is a little pricey to buy just the parts.
jgb7038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:14 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymbom View Post
Is it still possible to get the parts to upgrade to TXT parts??? That seems like a pretty significant difference in size and strength.

I'm assuming you have Jugg2 axles so the difference with TXT axles isn't all that much. I take it you won't need the outer stub shafts so that's out. The top covers are expensive because you have to buy two sets of the COMPLETE axle housings ( http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUR36&P=X ). The only part you'd need is the 6mm input shafts ( http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCAH3&P=X ). I'm not sure which trans you run but now you'll have the 6mm input to deal with. I have a set of axles with Jugg2 5mm inputs and have never broken the input nor have I heard of others having problems with them. It was the Jugg1 that everyone had problems with.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #9

Default well fooey

I'm getting the Jugg 1 axles, I suppose I'll have to get the different axle housings from the TXT to run TXT gears. I wouldn't mind keeping the 5mm input since that is the same size as my current driveshafts...
Old 04-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Oh....bad news. The only thing you'll be able to use out of the top assembly is the drive gear that engages the diff. The shafts and the other gears are completely different from Jugg1 to Jugg2.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #11

Default rats

I'll just run Juggy axles as long as I can. If they don't work I'll just have to order a TXT kit for axles...
Old 04-13-2008, 10:30 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

so who has the jugg1 gears? I can't find them on Tower Hobbies, and can't find info on the net. I know the brilliant minds at RCC will have the answers.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:08 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileddy420 View Post
so who has the jugg1 gears? I can't find them on Tower Hobbies, and can't find info on the net. I know the brilliant minds at RCC will have the answers.

No one sells new Jugg1 gears. Tamiya was even dumping the Jugg1 to Jugg2 upgrade kits about this time last year so even those can only be found from folks who bought them. The Jugg1 top axle gears (and tranny) were so weak Tamiya made the Jugg2. Funny enough Jugg1 NIB kits go for a high price because of it.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:12 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

looks like i will have to make some other gears fit the axles. Or swap axles before I sink a bunch of money into these. what gears are close to what the jugg1 axle takes? I am willing to something custom to make these axles work.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #15

Default New gears

Maybe if we ask real nicely someone like RC4WD could make some......
Old 04-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

some new aftermarket parts would be cool. I would definitely buy some of those.

Until then i will try to make something else work. Probably will have to go with my original plans to use WK axles until I can do something with these juggy1 axles. Glad I only gave a dollar for them.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #17
RCC Addict

http://www.stellamodels.net/catalog/...oducts_id=1706
all you need to upgrade them from Jugg1 to Jugg2
EGRESSor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGRESSor View Post

thank you very much. I knew that RCC would have some very useful info.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:32 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGRESSor View Post
Jump on that guys, that's the clearance price Tamiya had last year and they sold hundreds of them in no time.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Default pics of internals

Does anyone have pics of the diff and gears of a jugg 1 axle? I would also like to know the tooth count of the gears. I could not jump on the jugg1 upgrade kit due to lack of money, but I just found out that emaxx tranny gears, specifically the second gear and idler gear fit pretty good. I would like to find a jugg1 diff or if any one knows of another diff that would be close to the original, like a clod diff or something, maybe I can make the emaxx gears work. thanks again, guys

ED