Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: new to txt and juggy's need some help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #1

Default new to txt and juggy's need some help

i picked up an rc from a guy on ebay and im having some problems with it
here are the specs when i got it
The truck started as a TXT. The Chassis was modified to a 17" wheel base. The center skid plate is also custom and has 5" of ground clearence. The Shocks are Alum. Savage. The Motor is a 55 turn brushed hooked to a 600 gear reduction. ESC is a Tekin Rebel. Radio is a Modified TQ3 for the rear steer. The front steering is behind the front axle so the steering links are out of the way when crawling over the rocks. This is a shaft drive 4x4. The drive shafts are the heavy duty Revo shafts. The body is a Ford Bronco. The Tires and Wheels are NEW tires are Losi Claws

so far i have killed the front servo and replaced it with the same hitec645mg and i get nothing out of the front steering at all not a twitch. it doesn't make a little noise and vibrates some but that is it.
the receiver is a traxxis 27 mhz 3 channel setup
im trying to sort out the kinks but am very new to this stuff

any tips and tricks would be awesome
muddyblzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

If the whole truck isn't doing anything and the servo is making alittle noise, try hooking up another receiver. My truck just did that and it was the receiver. I have the same traxxas receiver.
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #3

the rest of the truck works. i put the rear servo on the front channel and it works fine. so it must just be a defect or something
Old 06-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #4
MODERHATER™

You sure your plugging it in correctly?

Nice TXT on the other hand, looks like a clone of mine!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Yup, sounds like a defective servo. Try something a little stronger then that 645..
Sparky J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:16 PM   #6

yeah i was going to upgrade but deceided to give the 30$ one another go. i'll exchange it in the morning. i had it plugged in right. when i put my rear one in it's outlet it worked fine.
thanks for the complliements i'll have lots of questions on these things as i get .
what do yall suggest for a better servo? i don't really want to shuck too much money on this as it's supposed to be a toy for when im not wheeling my 1:1 buggy
Old 06-04-2008, 08:58 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I suggest looking into the JR servos if you need a normal 1/10scale servo

The top of the liners start @ 300 Oz/tq

or the Hi-tec 5955TG 333 oz/tq run u around 115$ to as low as $90 on ebay

I currently run 1/4scales but they are so big and you have to mount them in front of the axle but at 370 oz/tq hard to give it up @ a $30 price tag hobbico CS-80

Good luck with it

as for the 645, I bought a brand new 645 and right when I plugged it in had a problem... sent it to HI-tech... took about 2 weeks but they sent me a brand new one back and a little letter saying the other one had a factory defect(it happens to me a lot) (had a 5955 and burn it up sent it back and Hitec has had it for over 8 weeks now)

I used to really like Hi tech, so try the JRs if they fit in ur budget

Oh and research, not researching enough has really killed me a few times 1st to admit that
Jeepernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #8

im gonna take it back to hobbytown and exchange it.
do you have a link to the jr stuff? im gonna move my servo to the front along with my tie rod. im having too many space issued. my lower link hits the servo bracet and my upper link hits the servo. it would also free up some room for the battery.
i may end up shucking out for a high dollar one but i was hoping a new version of what i had would solve my problem i guess time will tell
Old 06-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Here is what I did when I ran 1/10scale servos

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121353

In a few days I will have pictures up of my 1/4scale servo custom mounts and setup

JR servos
http://www.jrradios.com/Search/Defau...gital_standard

That new DS8711 has over 400 oz/tq but the price
Jeepernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:41 PM   #10

well like everyone said the 645 ain't gonna cut it. i dunno what it was but the defective one started working for one run and then stripped out and so did my back one.
so im gonna upgrade to the good stuff.
got bored today and pulled the coils so i can see where i want to lower it. i still have to trim the body alot and i'll probably cut the foams some more to get them to flex more.

gotta figure out where to get coils from the one's i have make it sit too tall. might also take off the reduction as it's a little on the slow side, not sure on that yet.
i think im gonna go to the 5955tg's front and rear. also gonna move the steering to the front for clearance.