Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: TXT battery box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default TXT battery box

Is there a way to relocate the stock battery box in the front of the truck? I read that someone mensioned moving it somehow. Would I have to flip the tranny or something? I dont run the electronics tray, just the box.
dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

Yep, turn the tranny around.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Ok moved it around to the front, but needed to reverse the wires on the motor because it spun the wheels backwards. So while I was at it I looked up series and parallel wiring. I dont really know how I had mine wired. I read that series makes more torque, so I wired them up in series. Now its very slow, really really bad torque twist and even when I'm crawling it doesnt seem like it has any more torque than it did before. So I will try parallel now and see how that works. One step forward, two steps backwards, lol.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
MODERATOR™

I ran mine in series. Series wiring did make it slower, but made the stock motors act as if they were a single ~54 turn motor, which is ideal for crawling compared to two 27 turn motors in parallel, making them act like a ~14 turn motor. And the drag brake effect of two motors is awesome.

Yeah man, try things out, it's part of the enjoyment of the hobby. Right?
Old 07-11-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Yeah man, try things out, it's part of the enjoyment of the hobby. Right?
Exactly! I tried parallel and it worked out way better, seems like more torque. I need to try and put some more weight in the front though, still likes to pick the front off the ground when I'm going up something. I tried putting BB's in the front tires and that worked for a while, then I got water in the tires and when I stored it all the BB's stuck together in a clump, man that was a mess to clean out.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
MODERATOR™

If you don't have foams, shoot a shot of WD40 in there to keep em free rollin.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Hmm didnt think of that, lol. Maybe Ill try the BB's again. Someone on another forum recommended airsoft bb's, they are plastic and wont tarnish. They are a lot lighter though too, so I would need more of them.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I added some BB's and some WD40 and its much better. Im still fighting a lot of torque twist though. I changed out my shocks to 80 weight and single hole pistons hoping that would help. It helped a little bit but not much. I was reading some other threads about torque twist but most of them pertained to the ac10. I read that the links need to be close to level and the pinion angles should be close to level as well. Well I'm just above level and I still get it. Would changing the shocks from the stock cantilever setup to a setup where the shock is mounted to the axle help? How much travel is given up for that setup?
Old 07-11-2008, 08:10 PM   #9
MODERATOR™

Read my stickied post in his forum?
Old 07-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I did, and I just re-read it. Did you swap the upper and lower links? If so what is the advantage? Also did you cut your tranny? If so how is it mounted? I think Ill try moving the shocks to the axles when I get my BTA servo mounts sorted out.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #11
MODERATOR™

Swapped the links, along with cutting the bottom of the chassis off, and the bottom of the tranny off. The links are swapped to obtain proper length of the links after moving them to the top of the axle tubes. I drilled holes in the chassis for the upper links.

The tranny is mounted at the top with the stock screws, in the upper holes where something used to be, sorry I can't remember what went there, maybe the shock mount plastic pieces? The bottom is sandwiched between two cross braces, so it doesn't move fore and aft.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Ok, good to know. Hey I appreciate all your help and input. I dont know if I am ready to start cutting up my chassis yet, lol. One step at a time.