Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: TXT-1 Body Confusion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 05:30 AM   #1

Thumbs down TXT-1 Body Confusion

Hello folks and thanks for the information which helped me in making the decision to buy the custom TXT-1. Now I'll be bugging you about it forever.

I'm sure this is second nature to a lot of you but being new to the TXT, I haven't been able to figure out which bodies will fit it. Few, if any vendors mention the TXT by name so which other trucks' (or 3rd party aftermarket) bodies will fit this one? Mounting posts are in the standard position. It looks like Savage may be one of them but I'm not certain. If anyone knows of any particularly good vendors (money is not my primary concern), that would be a plus.

I haven't found anyone making an original Humvee H1 body so next I'm interested in a Land Rover, Jeep CJ, Land Cruiser, Bronco, Scout, Blazer style body or maybe one of those baja racer looking ones but I'm concerned that since these body types tend to be kind of short, and I'm currently running a 17.5" WB, that things might look sort of disproportionate. Any thoughts on this? I'm afraid I may end up using a pickup truck body since they are longer.

Pictures/videos to come soon! I am fortunate enough to live about 10 minutes from absolute RC rock crawling heaven. Purgatory Chasm in Sutton, MA - 188 acres of granite rocks and boulders and miles of hiking/climbing trails graciously delivered by a glacier about a zillion years ago. Honestly, I cannot even imagine a better crawling site unless there were beer stands every 50 yards or so.

Many thanks,

Tom
tgeer43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

All Tmaxx, and Savage bodies should fit nicely on the stock truck. I run a Proline F150 body for a Tmaxx on mine and it looks pretty good. With a 17" wheelbase Im not sure if those shorter bodies will look right, you may have to go with a pickup or something. My wheelbase is about 14" just for reference.

Last edited by dont slow down; 08-15-2008 at 04:01 PM.
dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I was at a hobby shop and saw a couple of truck pull bodies. they were in the 17" wb neighborhood, but still narrow.
hairba11 is offline   Reply With Quote