Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: My Homebuilt Txt Axle Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #21

I nded up shortening the front and rear links 1.5 inches each. And am looking for the heavy dark blue springs for the shocks. i added the shock clamps from RC4WD.com and made different shock end balls. Every lil bit will help I hope.
STEELBREEZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

hey !..beautiful crawler & smooth crawler

I love your Alaskan Malmute What a pretty dog:-D. Whats his name?
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #23

Thanx for the compliments. My gray Siberian huskie is named Smokin' and the red one's name is Wee Bee Chillin'. So when I call em into the house I can yell, "We Be Smokin, in the house". Keeps the neighbors wondering. LOL They are Both Siberians. Malimutes are much bigger and do not have blue eyes. Huskies are wolves bred with Eskimo dogs and malimutes are Huskies rebred with wolves. Now you have you nature lesson for the day. LOL As far as the crawler, I never was able to completely correct some of it's problems so it still sits waiting for me to try some other theories. I've just been very busy with some of lifes lil problems. I hope to get back into all my R/C's very soon. I even lost touch with Joe. He's an awesome guy and builder.

Last edited by STEELBREEZE; 07-28-2009 at 07:41 AM.
STEELBREEZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Nice looking rig! I'm currently working on one myself. Also to da SFL and the dogs names, they are gorgeous. When you get life sorted and I get my rig sorted we should hook up and crawl!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

lol this kinda reminds me of my first juggy build!

i was gonna sa your shock setup is gonna be way WAY! to soft!!! extreme body roll and all sorts of other weird habbits will result... in a nearly undriveable truck.

my solution was savage length shocks mounted on the axles at about 15 degrees in and 15 degree forward... worked pretty damn well!! and you can limit shock travel as you see fit... get some heavy duty springs and that will help too

the thing with articulation is you want useable articulation, that means spring pressure at each corner... when the rig is just ina droop or floppy light weight setup forces can not be distributed well to each tire... keeping things "high" and "tight" will get you a good stable crawler
extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:31 PM   #26

good work
aashu is offline   Reply With Quote