Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: TXT-1 Chassis Mod, step by step

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntemple46 View Post
DSD - I just picked up some Revo shafts at Hobby Headquarters in Atascadero. They look to be the same ones as you have, but the yokes rub on the tranny case and I couldn't tell from your pictures if you shaved something to get them to fit or if I have the wrong ones??
A little bit of shaving was required to get them to fit. Make sure you are trying to attach the right end to the tranny.

The stub axle end is attached to the tranny.

First remove the pin holding the stub axle in the yoke.

You will need to shave some plastic off the yoke to get the screw hole on the yoke to line up with the output shaft on the tranny.

Then this is how it should look.

dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Well I switched out my pinions for some 9 tooth pinions and it made a big difference. Much more torque than 14 tooths. I also went down and picked up two extra 3300 cells and wired up a 8 cell battery pack, wow is all I can say. The extra voltage and the 9 tooth pinions is a great combo. Great torque but now I can get some wheel speed if I need it.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:34 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Default Four Link Bars

The truck looks great, it looks like you used the bottom four link bars on the top how long are the bottom ones now?
Needboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:28 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

he did flip the links from top to bottom. It adds a little bit of length to the wheelbase but the difference is not that much. One of the good things about doing that is that the axles actually get turned upwards slightly facing the center of the truck and it helps with the angle of the driveshafts. My TXT that I got in trade had most of this mod done when I got it and it looks and performs better than it did stock. I also had part of the upper braces of the chassis removed as well which took of a little more weight. I also have my shocks mounted on the links which allows you to mess with the body height. Here's a few pics with the body off.
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/p...r/IMG_1690.jpg
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/p...r/IMG_1691.jpg
nothinbutpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

All of the links on my truck are the stock links. I put Revo ball ends on them because they are much stronger. To keep a decent pinion angle the lower links are moved to the top and the top links move to the bottom. You can thank EeePee for figuring that one out. If you want just a little more length in your links then install Traxxas Jato ball ends, they are a bit longer than the Revo ones but are still just as strong and the same size.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont slow down View Post
All of the links on my truck are the stock links. I put Revo ball ends on them because they are much stronger. To keep a decent pinion angle the lower links are moved to the top and the top links move to the bottom. You can thank EeePee for figuring that one out. If you want just a little more length in your links then install Traxxas Jato ball ends, they are a bit longer than the Revo ones but are still just as strong and the same size.
That's what I meant, that you just flipped the position of the links but that they were stock links. I used Associated rod ends and then installed flat head screws and that seems to work better because there's less chance of the rod coming off of the screw.
nothinbutpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

I didn't know AE made a rod end that fit. I went with Revo's because that was what everyone recomended. Either way the stock ones suck.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Default Re: TXT-1 Chassis Mod, step by step

Been a long time since I've been in this thread. Still have my TXT-1 and it's pretty much the same as it was when I made this thread. I haven't run it in about 2 years but I recently found a few possible spots to run. I need to take it out again but have been consumed with my scale stuff.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

At this point it's time to cut more of the chassis and move the shocks down.
Mazlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #30

Hello I am new hear,At this time I am building my own txt-1 from the ground up. Photos of Tamiya TXT-1 Club | Facebook
I was wondering on how can I make this servo mount? And does it go on top or the bottom? If I could make my own temp-let it would be very helpfull.
FlashGordon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #31

Question Re: TXT-1 Chassis Mod, step by step

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont slow down View Post
I know, I know! This body will be replaced soon and I will cut them once I get a new body. haha

So today I finished up the little details. I picked up some Revo shafts from the LHS and hooked them up. I didnt even have to cut them since the wheelbase is so long now, but that was fine by me, less cutting lol.

The skid plate that I was using before I cut the chassis was re-used. I wanted to use it again and had planned it out before I drilled the holes for the lower braces. I made sure the holes were in right spots and it worked out perfectly. The skid is a little small. It doesnt cover the four lower corners of the chassis which could allow them to hang up on rocks. However when I gave it a quick test run today they didnt catch on anything. So I will see how it goes out on the rocks.

When I tested it on some stumps in my yard today it did amazingly well. The length of the truck is perfect! I was literally "walking" up sections that I used to have a really hard time on. I compared it to my Emaxx and it dwarfs the Emaxx now, lol. Here are some comparison pics.

I would like to get some new rims and tires soon and will probably get some wideners for it too. Overall this was a good and worth while mod. I was very hesitant to cut up my nice chassis. But the performance I got from it made it really worth it!
I am new hear,but I am new to the hobby. I am a member of clod talk (ClodTalk.com - Index page ) and rcmt ( Radio Control Monster Truck Network - Radio Control Monster Truck Network ). And a few groups on face book. Log In | Facebook Log In | Facebook Log In | Facebook Log In | Facebook Log In | Facebook

At this time I am building a txt-1 as a racer. I started making my own servo mount,but I was told that I would have some issues. How can I make this servo mount?
FlashGordon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:17 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Flash, I'm a member here too. Why the hell would you post up a question on my race setup here on RCC instead of RCMT like you have been doing? Man I swear you're becoming a major PITA......
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

????