Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Help!!! Plz Jug 1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #1

Default Help!!! Plz Jug 1

:-(hey everyone i just bought a jug1 with upgraded axels but everytime i hit the throttle it clicks bad or when im going up a hill it clicks the sound is comming from the tranny/gear box but i tore everything apart today and found no bad gears or anything i also messed with the gear mesh and tried a few different positions but still i get the loud nasty clicking also it dosent do it in reverse only foward if anyone has any idea what this could be it would be nice! im a first time larger scale owner and i would really like to enjoy my ride thanks -crawl
crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
RCC Addict

check for loose screws coming on top of the axle. tehre are bevel gears on top, and without the top cover completely tightened down, the bevel gears will climb over eachother and click.

in reverse the loading pushes the input shaft down against the top of the axle and it doesn't have any room to click.

worked on one of my rigs anyway.
The steering servo was mounted on a bracket mounted up using the top cover screws, and it had worked them loose.
hairba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Could it be the set screws on the pinion gears? You could have a worn out bearing or bushing somewhere....
dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:43 PM   #4

Default ahhhh

well i said screw it im ordering a v2 from rc4wd unless someone else has a tranny forsale hell with the stock tranny n e ways
Old 09-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #5
MODERHATER™

I would rather use the stock tranny.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:16 PM   #6

why is that?
Old 09-25-2008, 09:37 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Are you sure its the tranny? Before dumping the money on a new tranny try disconnecting the drive shafts from the tranny and running it to see if the noise is actually in the tranny or not.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #8

Default money

trust me money is tight right now but im sure its the tranny i took the shafts off the axels and held them and it slips and clicks when i hold them lightly im pissed but i guess its gonna be a good reason to upgrade i dont get it im thinking the guy who built the trans was a friggan idiot the gear mesh is more than perfect ill trade the sucker if any 1 is interested the reast of the truck is perfect its very weird because there no damage on anygears even in the axels and i got pissed today and ran it hard with it clicking nasty and nothing but my girlfriend bitching about the noise and mess lol>>>>>
Old 09-25-2008, 10:31 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Could it be the motors? What motors are you running? Also are your pinions the right size for the motor shaft? They could be slipping on the motor output shaft. Make sure the set screws are tight.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:41 AM   #10

Default naa

thanks guy for the help!

Last edited by crawl; 09-26-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

check the bearings in the Tcase, make sure its upgraded to ball bearings.
I've had my Jugg since it was new and never had a problem with it, it never got assembled with the bronze bushings.
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:36 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Default little update

well i ended up with this juggie in a trade with crawl , so this is my first jugg and i didn't know much about them , but any ways back to the problem , i got the jugg a few days a go tinkered with the trans , it had the stock bushings still (worn out) , so i had some stock hi lift barrings lying around so checked to see if they fit , they did .
when putting it back together i noticed the tranny was cracked . just to be safe i ordered a new case for it , but that wasn't why it was clicking , so i tore a apart the rear end (to install up grades )and the input bevel gear were grounded down on one side (alot) looks like for a while, and they are jugg 2 axles not upgraded to txt's .
so i got new input ones for a jugg & for a txt-1 coming from tamiya USA(the only place that i could find to have them) and a set of txt axle case off the bay...... so dose any body know were to get up graded input shaft bevel gears or do they even exist.
thanks
curtis
1buktooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:36 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Aw man I wish I knew you needed those things earlier I could've saved you some time and money. Any way there aren't any UPGRADED bevel gears and the only places to get the stock ones are Tamiya and eBay. Where'd you order your stuff from tamuya from? I know for us it's $30 shipping right off the bat if you order them yourself. Crap I was typing more but I'll just PM you.
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote