Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: TXT Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 08:45 PM   #1

Default TXT Questions

I am wanting a set of awesome axles and was wondering if the TXT, Axial AX-10 axles or T-rex 60 axles would be best. Does anybody have a recomendation on what is the strongest. thanks a million.

thanks for all the help guys. I am building a unique truck. It will have a nitro engine and I want to build the most realistic monster truck I can which is the reason I am using solid axles. I need a strong axle to handle the power of nitro and the speed to follow. Hope this info helps to get me more info. Thanks again for all the information.

who makes an aftermarker axle guard for a txt. thanks

does anybody know who makes aftermatket gears fir a txt to change the gear ratio.thank you

does anyone know who makes aftermarket aluminum body mounts for the txt. thanks in advance

does anyone know if losi shocks off thier big monster truck (the blue ones) can be made to fit the txt. thanks a million.

anyone know who makes a really cool skid plate for a txt. thank you

what are the largest wheels that can fit on a txt. thanks

who make an after market servo mount for the txt. thanks in advance.

who make an after market knuckle for the txt, I have seen several and want the best. thanks in advance.

does any one know if rex 60 axles will fit on the txt and are they stronger. thanks

who make the best after market cvd's for the txt. thanks in advance.

I am building a Nitro TXT. I am building this just to make the baddest most realistic truck I can. I am going to use this for more the just crawling, my 4 year old and I are building this together and would like your guys input on options. I am concerned with the axles not being strong enough. Any ideas. Thanks for all the input. Rob

who make an after market extended chassis for the txt. thanks in advance.

who make after market big tie rods for the txt. thanks in advance.

who make after market uprights for the txt. thanks in advance.

I am building a Nitro TXT. I am building this just to make the baddest most realistic truck I can. I am going to use this for more the just crawling, my 4 year old and I are building this together and would like your guys input on options. I am concerned with the axles not being strong enough. Any ideas. Thanks for all the input. Rob

Last edited by 666; 11-29-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: No need to keep making new threads, ask all questions in one.
robster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2008, 01:01 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

well since this is just asking for a suggestion and not looking to buy a set of axles, its fine.

i'd stay away from anything made by RC4WD, ive heard that their quality control has improved lately but buying products from them like playing russian roulette.

TXT axles... huge and beefy, not well suited for a 2.2 crawler. if you wanna build a super, buy clod axles, if you want a 2.2, buy ax10s, bergs or HR axles. as much as i love them, honestly, TXTs aren't perfect for anything, it takes somewhat of a purist to really appreciate them i guess. ive owned a few sets and built a few and plan to one day build another, but i can't see competing with TXTs.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
RCC Addict

All depends on what you are going to build really. We need more info to help you out.

I have Axials on my 2.2 rig, and TXTs on my Super.

Sure Clods or Hot Racing or Bergs make driving easier, but you can compete and do very well with a TXT. It's all in the set-up and the driver. I have won comps, and been top 5 the last two years with TXTs in my club, and I have done well at big comps with it too.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Well, I am a big fan of TXT's, I even use the stock tranny and chassis, just all cut up. I don't see the need to buy all the other things like Koolaid chassis and axles, but I've had my TXT since it was released, then I sold it, then I bought it back. But Clod axles are good. I prefer to driveshafts and big tires and one big brushless motor in my TXT
justadork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster View Post
I am wanting a set of awesome axles and was wondering if the TXT, Axial AX-10 axles or T-rex 60 axles would be best. Does anybody have a recomendation on what is the strongest. thanks a million.
Out of those TXT are the strongest.

Quote:
thanks for all the help guys. I am building a unique truck. It will have a nitro engine and I want to build the most realistic monster truck I can which is the reason I am using solid axles. I need a strong axle to handle the power of nitro and the speed to follow. Hope this info helps to get me more info. Thanks again for all the information.

RC4WD and New Era Models

Quote:
does anybody know who makes aftermatket gears fir a txt to change the gear ratio.thank you
There is a guy here that offered them but they were plastic and I don't think that would fit your build. Other than that I have not heard of any.

Quote:
does anyone know who makes aftermarket aluminum body mounts for the txt. thanks in advance
Again, check RC4WD and New Era Models.

Quote:
does anyone know if losi shocks off thier big monster truck (the blue ones) can be made to fit the txt. thanks a million.
Is is possible, there is a build here that uses them on a TXT.

Quote:
RC4wd and New Era Models

Quote:
The biggest I have seen are Jumbo Kongs and RC4WD's Mud Slingers, and Rock Crushers.

Quote:
Check RC4WD and New Era Models

Quote:
who make an after market knuckle for the txt, I have seen several and want the best. thanks in advance.
JPCustoms knuckles are nice and so are Integy's

Quote:
does any one know if rex 60 axles will fit on the txt and are they stronger. thanks
No they won't.

Quote:
Thundertech.

Quote:
TXT axles should hold up just as long as you don't go too wild with them. What knid of power and speed are you thinking on?

Quote:
New Era Models makes one that I know of.

Quote:
You should be able to find some Traxxas ones that will work
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster View Post

who make after market uprights for the txt. thanks in advance.

I have made my skid plates and servo mounts. I dont use the axle guards as they get in the way when you are out crawling! I have JP Customs Knuckles, and Thundertech CVDs. THe stock rod ends are pretty beefy, but you can make your own links and use Dubro Monster Rod ends if you want to go bigger. I modified my stock chassis originally, and now I am running a one off tuber. I run custom adapters to use 40 series wheels.

I'd stay away from the TRex 60 axles on a heavy rig too.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote