Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: best tranny?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default best tranny?

I have a pretty much stock TXT. It has the chassis mod done from this forum, a Novak Rooster esc with a Speed Gems 19t motor. I'm using Revo driveshafts going into locked front and rear diffs. I will use this truck for mudding/trail riding/bashing and some non competition crawling. My stock tranny has a hole in the bottom of the case so i'm kind of worried as to how long it will last. So what i'm looking for is the best tranny that will pretty much just bolt right it with little or no mods to fabricate that will handle the power of my setup and work well for what I want to use the truck for. I really don't want an emaxx tranny just due to some bad experiences with Traxxas products. Any/all suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in advance!
nothinbutpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Iam wondering how did you but a hole in the bottom of the trans.? how big is the hole/is it cracking? because if its a small hole with no major cracking I would try and repair it. And you dont want to go emaxx. so I would go with rc4wd they have quit a few different sizes of trans. sure one of them would fit, with lil or no mod.
Bigsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:43 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

AX10 with CDW 6mm outputs.

Sorry, you want a drop in.... the AX10 would probably be the best solution, but would require a little bit of fab work.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsky View Post
Iam wondering how did you but a hole in the bottom of the trans.? how big is the hole/is it cracking? because if its a small hole with no major cracking I would try and repair it. And you dont want to go emaxx. so I would go with rc4wd they have quit a few different sizes of trans. sure one of them would fit, with lil or no mod.
The hole was there when I got it with the truck. Pretty much the whole bottom of the trans case has been rubbed/punched through. The output gear looks alright though. I thought about going with the rc4wd trannies but money is super tight with me being on short term disability for my back. Otherwise I probably would have bought 1 by now.

2JSC--I thought about the axial trans but i'm not sure how much work it would be to put that in. A few nuts and bolts or a small bracket that I might be able to find in a hardware store is one thing. I just don't have the tools to bend/twist metal or really fabricate too much. I am an ex mechanic so i'm good with my hands and trying to figure out how to make certain things work but i definitely do not belong in a sheet metal shop!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsky View Post
The hole was there when I got it with the truck. Pretty much the whole bottom of the trans case has been rubbed/punched through. The output gear looks alright though. I thought about going with the rc4wd trannies but money is super tight with me being on short term disability for my back. Otherwise I probably would have bought 1 by now.

2JSC--I thought about the axial trans but i'm not sure how much work it would be to put that in. A few nuts and bolts or a small bracket that I might be able to find in a hardware store is one thing. I just don't have the tools to bend/twist metal or really fabricate too much. I am an ex mechanic so i'm good with my hands and trying to figure out how to make certain things work but i definitely do not belong in a sheet metal shop!
Old 10-06-2008, 04:54 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

wow thats some major damage.Ahh just ducttape it, it will be fine haha.Boy I dont really know if any gules or epoxy will work on that plastic....well try hanger 9 epoxy and some felxible plastic, to try and repair it. Its the cheapest way.
Bigsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #7
MODERATOR™

I always admired this build:

Stampede tranny in a TXT

And now even more so with the availability of a steel gear version for their VXL trucks.

Just options, and ideas for ya.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:00 PM   #8