Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Txt Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #1

Default Txt Help

I was recently given a TXT chassis with clodbuster axles installed with open diffs but i also have the original axles which are locked, plus the transmission and motors in a box. it has a novak EVA model 3014 speed control installed. i was told all i need is steering servos, a remote, and batteries. the motors attached to the stock tranny are atomic force 17 turn double wind motors. i want to build a crawler that can crawl but if im on something and need wheel speed i can get it. can yall help me. i would greatly appreciate it if yall could.
RedneckJeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Sooo.....what setup do you plan to run? The TXT axles or the clod axles? Either way, those motors wont have the torque you need.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #3
j0e
Rock Crawler

^
yeah, those motors will be kinda quick on flat ground, but wont really crawl.
j0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:17 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Your first decision is do you want to bash or do you want to crawl? If you want to bash leave the open axles in and run those motors and you should get some nice speed out of it. If you want to crawl you need at least 35 turn motors and use the locked axles. At least that's how I understand it at this point!
nothinbutpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:07 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

if you want to bash lock the rear diff only, and that way you can still steer it with one serzo. if you just want to crawl then lock them both and run two high end servos to turn it.
Bigsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

If you are going to crawl with it then I would go with 55 turn motors and locked front and rear diffs. Novak makes a rooster esc with a 55 turn motor for about $105 that is good. Or find an esc like the EVX from Traxxas and use twin 55 turn motors and have a real crawler! It really depends on what you are looking to do! I have a TXT and I use a 19 turn Speed Gems motor and a Novak Rooster esc. My diffs are both locked for now (going to get an open front diff) but i'm not going to do any major crawling. I'm looking more for mudding and trails and some bashing. Sometimes to find the right motor setup you need to do a little trial and error because not everyone drives the same. So my set up might work great for me but you may not find it works for you!
nothinbutpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

well then yeah if your making it in to a trail/muddin rig, then yes open the front diffs.Some good tires like some mudslingers. but I would go with some 35 turn motors. Gives you a little bit more speed but still having penalty of torque to get you out of the nastiest mud.

stock (crap tires) two 45 turn motors both diffs locked....that mud stole my shoe!.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #8

^^ where did you get that body?? sorry to thread jack but i have 79 fullsize i drive and want a matching rc
mrthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:09 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrthompson View Post
^^ where did you get that body?? sorry to thread jack but i have 79 fullsize i drive and want a matching rc
np...heres the link http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSBR2&P=7
Old 10-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #10

thanks again.
mrthompson is offline   Reply With Quote