RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-txt-1-juggernaut/)
-   -   txt not turning.....i keep goin in circles (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-txt-1-juggernaut/1426-txt-not-turning-i-keep-goin-circles.html)

86ss1 08-18-2004 02:59 AM

txt not turning.....i keep goin in circles

Well ok I am not doing circles, but I can not get my friends txt to turn like it should be... It has a Hi tec 645 servo and the medium size kimbrough servo saver... It turns lef like it should but right turns are just about nothing... I thought it was the cheap sstock steering he had on it so i used some of left over links from my clod thinking it was going to fix the problem, but Nah! it didnt..

Things I have checked....

Steering is not binding anywhere...
the servo has been centered about 4 times now.
When I lift the front wheels up and try to turn them, they dont so the servo saver is not slipping...

I am stumped on this one...anybody have any ideas???

todd 08-18-2004 08:04 AM

Re: txt not turning.....i keep goin in circles

Sounds a lot like a problem i've been struggling with on mt txt-1 as well. Do the wheels center when you let the steering in neutral(center)? Or do they stay to the left? Make sure you're using the correct servo horn for your type of servo (since it's a hitec servo, you'll want to use a horn for hitec servos). Otherwise if it's too loose you can strip the gears on the horn and knock it out of alignment really easily. That was my problem. Take the horn off and see if it's gears look rounded and stripped or are still sharp.

Also this is pretty obvious but make sure the servo isn't comming loose from it's mount. That has been a problem that causes lose of steering in 1 direction for me too.

When the servo turns right, can you hear it working? Does it turn and then stop as if there was no load, or is it working to try to turn? I don't have any experience with this, but maybe some gears inside the servo are stripped, so it isn't catching to the right. If so, maybe you can open it up and rotate the gear thats stripped so you use good teeth. I don't know much about the insides of servos though.

JasonInAugusta 08-18-2004 11:01 AM

I'm assuming that he has an aftermarket radio, in which case...check the EPAs on the radio.

Travel might be limited in one direction.

todd 08-18-2004 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta
I'm assuming that he has an aftermarket radio, in which case...check the EPAs on the radio.

Travel might be limited in one direction.

Oh yea, that reminded me you should also check the 'trim.' If its a higher end radio controller, it probably has trim adjustments for each channel. The steering trim one should be centered when you mount the horn.