Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: wheel adapters?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 06:18 PM   #1

Default wheel adapters?

hello, i am trying to figure out what size adapters to get ,i want to put a set of wheely king wheels and tires on my txt, can anyone help me, any help would be great thanks art
csna182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Wheely King wheels use a 12mm hex, and that's what comes stock on the TXT. Just remove the plastic drive hub and the brass hex will be right here.

You'll probably need to use a spacer between the outside of the wheel and the mounting nut though as I'm sure the nut won't tighten down on the wheel correctly.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #3

Default thanks

thanks for the info works great. very simple but worked,
Old 01-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Just thought I'd add this, but sometimes I find that plastic wheels are difficult to mount on the hex becuse the wheel's molded hex slot is a few thousands of an inch too small (that or the hex is a little to big). If you find this is the case use a heat gun or a hair-dryer and heat up the wheel, this will soften the plastic enough for the hex to fit in the slot, as the plastic cools it retains the shape of the hex perfectly. Anyway a lot of people run into this, thought I'd drop a tip just in case.
goslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I was wanting to do the same...only the other way around...i dont have a clod or a txt-1 but I have a Wheely King. I wanted to put TxT-1 tires and wheels on the wheely king's regular 12mm hex.
Can you guys post a photo of the back of the TXT-1 wheels? Does it have a straight 12mm hex hole on the back of each wheel or is there some kind of adapter? thanks
Sasquatchbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #6

Default cups

yes the back of the cup has a 12 mm opening in them so if you have 12 mm hexes should bolt right up ,cant say if the clearance will be an issue tho, hope this helps art

i should note that the cup is not part of the wheel that is seperate the wheel has little prongs that slide into the cup tamiya sells the cups or maybe ebay, hope this helps art

Last edited by csna182; 01-30-2009 at 12:12 PM.