Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Revo Shafts for TXT-1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

Thanx all....Lets say i do want to increase the length of the wheelbase for my txt using the revo shaft. Anyone got the measurement for new upper & lower links to fit the revo shaft? Thanx in advance.
Ares17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2005, 08:55 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Er....by the way, which part the female? On the revo shaft i mean.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:07 PM   #23
v33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares17
Er....by the way, which part the female? On the revo shaft i mean.
the female is the outer part of the shaft ... the male slides into the female. to be more specific, male is the one with a corrugated shaft. hth
v33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 03:13 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

Thanx dude. I'll go that path if I cannot get the exact measurements for the lower and upper link if fixing the revo shaft without cutting it.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:28 AM   #25
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Thanx dude. I'll go that path if I cannot get the exact measurements for the lower and upper link if fixing the revo shaft without cutting it.
It's tough to give you a set length for the links, it all depends where you're mounting them on the chassis and axles. I run a 60/40 link set-up, my front uppers and lowers are the exact same length, same with the rear links. The fronts measure 4 3/8" and the rears are 5 5/16", I'm running just under a 17" wheelbase with the stock rod ends. The stock Revo shafts fit fine, until I rotated the tranny, then I had to lengthen the rear shaft.

Click the "Photo Gallery" link in my sig for pics of my set-up.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:40 AM   #26
Rock Stacker

Thanx bender. Really appreciate it. I tried eye-balling the length of new links required for my TXT but am aafraid i'd make the mistake of miscalculation. Will check yout your photo gallery for ideas....hope you dun mind;)
Old 10-06-2005, 07:25 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

Ok....after much thought and trial and error, I've decided to cut the revo shafts to fit in the TXT without extending my WB. But then, after fixing the revo shafts, I found that only 1 side of the suspension can only flex like before while the other side's flex is reduced. In other words, it can only articulate as a stock TXT does on the front right and rear left whereas the front left and rear right, the articulation is restricted. Why is this happening? I couldn't see anything getting in the way of the suspension. But why is it not articulating evenly?

Sorry guys for the trouble. Since I'm only crawling by myself, this is the only place I can source for information. Thank you very much.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:12 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanx all....Lets say i do want to increase the length of the wheelbase for my txt using the revo shaft. Anyone got the measurement for new upper & lower links to fit the revo shaft? Thanx in advance.
Check out my thread. It may give you some ideas. Chop, cut, rebuild round 5 The New Cheapjeep
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 03:36 PM   #29

u can also use jato drive shafts trust me i know
hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote