Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Need a good chassis recommendation for bashing and casual crawling.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #21

I think the wheelbase with the new link positions would only be about 15 1/2", that's only an estimate though. I thought that if I made my own I could even do bent lower links... then I was looking at either Moab XL's or RC4WD 40 series Rock Crushers, although the latter are 210mm diameter and I don't think they will look proportionally correct on a 17" wheelbase.

You were saying about your tranny, did you cut all the parts for the second motor off and then lay it down on it's side?
PumpkinPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

I cut off the mounts for the tranny to mount to the chassis.
I made from a thin like 1/64" aluminum cover to cover the second motor hole, and bolted it up on the motor mount plate. I then made my own 1/16" aluminum brackets to hold the tranny to the chassis.

What I did before was the motor and the outputs where higher in the chassis, and the battery was lower, but this was when I had a 22 tooth pinion ger and a stick pack for a battery, and a really low ground clearance, then I put the motor and the outputs lower on the chassis and the battery above and behind the motor. With a new fangled 6 tooth pinion. A little top heavy. Now once I get my new Axle shafts (I broke one), I am going to try and squeze the battery in a brick configuration (3x3) down low towards the front driver side of the chassis (forward weight distribution and heaviest part down low for a better CG (I don't believe in putting batteries on axles)) Then lay the tranny right behind it, where the out put comes out on the passenger side of the truck and the motor is a little lower than stock but in the middle of the truck (thats the plan, we will see if that works)

Now for those stock links and tires since you are going a different route, lets talk. shoot me an email

Last edited by justadork; 01-12-2009 at 09:03 AM.
justadork is offline   Reply With Quote