Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Broken Drive Shaft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2005, 09:45 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Question Broken Drive Shaft

Has anyone else broke one of these http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGB73&P=Z ? I was out driving awhile ago on just a pile of sand with some small / medium rocks in the grass around it, and I broke the right rear one in two... Is this a common problem? Should I stock up on these?
Varv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2005, 09:53 PM   #2
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varv
Has anyone else broke one of these http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGB73&P=Z ? I was out driving awhile ago on just a pile of sand with some small / medium rocks in the grass around it, and I broke the right rear one in two... Is this a common problem? Should I stock up on these?
I've snapped 3 or 4 of the TXT axle shafts, but I was running locked diffs, an EVX and dual batteries. Since going to the GD-600, single motor and single battery I haven't had any problems.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 12:56 AM   #3
Don
Quarry Creeper

I have snaped 7 inner axles on my TXT in the past three months. I run a one battery pack, one kyosho motor and a GD600.

Yes it seems to be a commen problem.

Last edited by Don; 09-23-2005 at 12:58 AM.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:14 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Dang I'll take that as I should stock up on atleast a few of them.

Has anyone tried these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1 ??
My Hobby shop would have to back order the stock ones so I'm thinking these might be a better way to go. (help me get out of 2wd sooner)
They look abit stronger right where the 'T' part is, but I'm thinking they may limit the steering some.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:47 AM   #5
Don
Quarry Creeper

I don't know if clod inner axles will fit TXT axle housings. If you can't find the TXT inner axles in stock anywhere. You can always go strate to Tamiya.

Link: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58280
Phone # (949) 362-2240. It takes about 5 to 10 days to get my parts from them. If you need the Tamiya part # let me know.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:37 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Default axles

I know where there's some!
doubledub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 11:29 AM   #7
Powered by Awesome

I agree, with a single stock can motor and a gd600, it stalls before it has enough torque to snap stuff......
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 11:30 AM   #8
Don
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledub
I know where there's some!

Sorry man, I did not know if you have any extra in stock or not.

Varv, If Northland hobbies ( doubledub ) has any in they are the best place to get them from. I just ordered 4 sets of inner axles and a B parts tree from them and I should have them this weekend. Plus I think his pricses are the best around.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:59 PM   #9
Don
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedXT
I agree, with a single stock can motor and a gd600, it stalls before it has enough torque to snap stuff......
My TXT with the stock motor keeps tearing up my trany gears or the GD600 gear. And I have snaped one inner axle on that truck as well.
The only set up that I have not snaped an inner axle with is when I run a single lathe, GD600, And the stock pinoin. But then you have no wheel speed. And I smoked the lathe motor.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:14 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

I'm waiting for my GD-600 to show up, but for now the lowest I can go is with the 11t pinions I have on it right now. I've have some other speed controls I'm going to run in it once I get the gear reduction but for the time being I really like the wheel speed I'm getting from the evx with the titans. (about 50% of my drivings either going to be in mud or sand so wheel speed is inportant)
As for the inner shafts from what I've read there the same for the TXT / Jugg / Clod / bull. I'm trying to get a hold of a buddy of mine that has a older clod to see if I can try out the shafts for now.
If they fit I'm going to give the ones on ebay a try. (put them in the back and see how long they last)
Old 10-04-2005, 07:25 PM   #11

Damn , I was hoping that snapping the inner axle wasn't going to be a common problem!

I've been in 2 wheel drive for the past week because I snapped the right hand rear inner diff axle!

By the sound of it, i'm gonna have to stock up on these things!
4X4XFAR is offline   Reply With Quote