Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: RC4WD V2 Hd Trans goodd for bashing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #1

Default RC4WD V2 Hd Trans goodd for bashing?

G'day guy,s
I have a jug and TXT-1 based crawlers and Since perfecting my NN clod and CR-01 (both 2.2"s obviously) I have decided i would like to turn the Jug and TXT back into bashers.

Was peoples thoughts on using the RC4WD V2 Hd Trans with a SS5800 B/L and 2S Lipo's(stock wheel/tire combo's). Are the trans stronge enough for basher and will the handle higher speed's (both gearing wise and strength wise?)

Im awaiting a response from RC4wd on this but just thought i would post my queries here too because im sure somebody out there has already done this!

cheers guys

Luke
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
RCC Addict

No slipper in the V2, which may be hard on the axles. I haven't the foggiest idea how strong the trans is, but I'd just get an axial trans with some CDW 6mm outdrives, Hot Racing aluminum gears and a slipper. It's smaller, lighter and surprisingly strong besides. A VXL spec pede tranny would work really well also. Add in some revo shafts and you'd have a pretty beefy basher. Sounds fun enough I might even try it myself.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #3

Smile

Good point about the lake of slipper, though the original txt trans didnt have one either?. The old girl already runs a chopped and clocked stock trans, im just looking for something lighter and more compact. Does the stock axial trans run a slipper? Got a link for the CDW outdrives. Apologies for being a pain but there parts aren't easy to come by in Australia.

I've had revo shafts on the old clunker for a while....got sick of twisting the t-maxx shafts i was running prior to that. I actually built the truck following the ideas from Guys on this site back in 04! old school(ish).......

Luke
Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:11 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Some of the axials have the slipper stock, but if you buy just the trans you'll have to get the slipper kit separate. CDW outputs can be found here And you aren't alone having an old school TXT, mine still runs the stock chassis and trans
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote