Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: 1/4 scale servos not turning tires well.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2005, 01:06 AM   #1

Question 1/4 scale servos not turning tires well.

Hey everyone,
I am doing some brainstorming and want your opinions on a 1/4 servo issue. I have a TXT with 4WS and Hobbico 1/4 cs-73s. There is nothing binding in the steering and they worked great ever since I added a 6v batt pack. The other day I was having issues with the steering being slow (on carpet) if the truck was stationary the tires would not turn left and right. The truck now has to be moving before I steer. My idea was originally to run more power to them but as all the warnings on this site suggest, I dont want to blow my servos up. When trying things out I took one of the servos out of the picture and the remaining servo seemed to react very well to being alone on that pack. My question is this... How could I run two batt packs? 1 for each servo. Would I connect the red and black wires from the batt pack directly to the servo and then run the remaining yellow wire back to the RX? I am assuming that I would then need to use BEC for the RX? Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Tim in AZ
TiminAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2005, 01:19 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

It's been a while since I was down that road, but when I had hobbico 1/4 servos, they both came with their own y-harness for use with their own separate power source.
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 03:24 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

i run 2 cs 80 on 6 volts and have no problems. i get 1 hour per pack

1. see how the work off esc power one at a time. this will tell you if the servos are working like thay should.
2. check battery voltage.
3. check all conections both the red and black.
4. try using 6v to one servo. you may need 6v to each servo?
LMK if you find the problem do your test in this order it might save you time
RZ
rock zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 05:53 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I run 2 hitech 1/4 scales and a 6v 3200 mill nimh pack and never have a problem steering. The specs for the hitech and the hobbico should be ver close power wise. Run a harness and power both servos from the 6v pack not the speed control since 1/4 servos suck the power. The only way that I know of running 1/4 scales servos and not running the wire harness is if you are running a non bec reciever. I use a airtronics 4 channel radio and also a JR 9 channel radio which the recievers are non bec. You can plug the 6v pack pack directly into the reciever instead of a harness but you dont turn the speed controll on. Check your 6v battery for voltage, you might have a cell going bad. Check wiring and such. hope this helps.
aubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 11:13 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

y dont u just run a regulator off your main battery like it do... i made my own regulators for my hs 645 mgs.... ya their smaller but its the same principle... it would get rid of the extra weight of the rx packs and what not.
nd4spdbh is offline   Reply With Quote