Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Parts help and build thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2005, 08:11 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Parts help and build thread.

Here we go. I found the txt, super rooster, 645 steering servos, and 4 channel stick radio all for $300. This morning I ordered 2 sets main axles, outer hubs, hitech 805 1/4 scale steering servos, integy piggy back shocks, 9 tooth pinions, gear reduction unit, moabs and 40 series rims. I wanted a set of outer drive hubs but looking on tower they come in a large parts pack for the nice sum of $62. How often do these break and is there anywhere to order just the drive hubs. Next, do I need to run wheel widners.
aubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2005, 09:17 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I've never busted a TXT axle. I'm running BFT's with no issues other than servos. But if you go 1/4 scale you won't have an issue with that. Though I'd get some alloy knuckles. The one guy we run with who runs 1/4 scale has broken a few knuckles. I still haven't done the MOAB thing though I have some TXT Outback wheels to use. I just need to get the tires.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:12 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

If I remember correctly from SFR3 Tripp broke 3 axles on his first run. Could have been defective parts. I plan on running a computer stick radio so I will be able to adjust the steering throw hopefully not putting anything in too much of a bind.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:50 AM   #4
2006 2.2 National Champ

I've never broken an outer hub in the 4 years I've owned mine, only inners. I would stay away from the wideners, that puts a bunch of undue stress on the outer axle.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:04 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I found the part# for the wheel axles at tower $9.29 a set.PART#

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...05&FVPROFIL=++

Last edited by killertxt; 03-21-2005 at 06:30 PM.
killertxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:15 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

You da man Killer.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:16 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

We have 3 sets on the way Kenny.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:47 PM   #8
CSR
RCC Addict

Servos and driveshafts are about the only things I break. I've only broken one outer wheel axle, overtightened the nut. Personally I've never broken a inner axle..... but I have been running Maxx slider shafts and that was the weak link in my drivetrain. Running Revo's now so the inner will be the new weak link. I've watched Kenny break four inners, Tripp broke three on one course. I rounded out lots of wheels and adapters when I was running Maxx wheels, never had a problem with TXT wheels or TXT Outbacks. Like others have said, get extra knuckles or aluminum knuckles.... but you've ran a Clod so you know about that. ;) If you run the servos like Kenny's you shouldn't have a problem with them, if you mount the servos like mine you might want to pick up some aluminum servo horns.

CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:43 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

According to the numbers the clod and the txt outer steering hubs are the same.
I have 2 sets revo shafts, 2 sets inner and outer axels, 2 sets steering hubs, moabs, 40 series rims, 1/4 scale servos, aluminum servo arms, gear reduction, 9, 10 and 11 tooth pinions coming in tomorrow. So if I break at gr I will have the parts to repair it. After all this I may be on the side of the road with a cardboard sign that says will rock crawl for food.

The wife threatened to banish me to the new shop when we get moved if I continue the big spending spree like on the new txt. I said fine, the office will have a mini fridge,computer, internet, tv, satelite and my recliner. Banishment will not be a problem. lol

Last edited by aubie; 03-22-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:14 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie
After all this I may be on the side of the road with a cardboard sign that says will rock crawl for food.

The wife threatened to banish me to the new shop when we get moved if I continue the big spending spree like on the new txt. I said fine, the office will have a mini fridge,computer, internet, tv, satelite and my recliner. Banishment will not be a problem. lol

:-P LMAO :-P
MoabCrawler13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:08 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Well the parts are here but still no truck. It was shipped from utah yesterday not monday like I was hoping. Will be here probably first of the week which is gonna put me in a rush trying to get it ready for the GR comp. Maybe i'll get lucky and it will be in saturday. But it looks like the usual snafu situation. lol
Old 03-24-2005, 11:22 PM   #12

Quote:
If I remember correctly from SFR3 Tripp broke 3 axles on his first run. Could have been defective parts. I plan on running a computer stick radio so I will be able to adjust the steering throw hopefully not putting anything in too much of a bind.
You have to consider the driver ;)

Me and Chris have not broke inner axles YET, but our trucks are not as heavy as Tripp's and Kenny's. But I wouldn't be suprised if I break one soon. Glad your getting a truck again.
RXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 06:39 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

The wife told me the night before SFR3 that if I went down there to watch I would end up getting back into crawling. I guess she knows me.
If you make it to farm crawl maybe we can take some time one afternoon to do some flying if you like. Im also putting in a flying field on the back of the property.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:06 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Still waiting on the delivery of the txt. If it doesnt get here by tomorrow I'm screwed on the GR comp. Will probably have to bash like hell and get a ' gulp' clod togther.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:07 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

No TXT in the mail yesterday. Not picking up clod till GR comp. Panic setting in. Must have truck for GR comp. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 12:09 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Well I finally recieved my txt. Everything was just as described except for the bearings but this is no problem since the lhs has bearings in stock. I have already flipped the tranny and installed the gear reduction unit and have one of the two diffs locked. I am going to try and get the other one done today. I'm going to have to leave it like that for a few weeks since most of my tools are packed up in storage. Will post pics as soon as I can find the camera. LOL
Old 04-06-2005, 09:20 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I was able to get the second diff locked and have been playing with the truck in the house a little. My question is what gearing to run on the reduction. I have the stock txt pinion on the tranny and a 9 tooth on the gear reduction but i have no wheel speed. I have an 18 tooth that I can put on the reduction but curious as to what everyone else is running with the reductions.
The stick radio is taking some getting used to. I have the throttle and front steering on the left stick and the rear steering on the right stick. I tried it with the front and rear steering both on the right stick but it was confusing as hell. Maybe after a few more battery packs it will seem old hat.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:57 AM   #18
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
I was able to get the second diff locked and have been playing with the truck in the house a little. My question is what gearing to run on the reduction. I have the stock txt pinion on the tranny and a 9 tooth on the gear reduction but i have no wheel speed. I have an 18 tooth that I can put on the reduction but curious as to what everyone else is running with the reductions.
I'm running a 15t on the reduction output shaft, like you. I also went with the 18t on lathe motor, it is a little on the slow side, but I like it.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:40 PM   #19
I joined the Band!

can you use those reduction units on a clod?
Crawlerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:45 PM   #20
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlerchick
can you use those reduction units on a clod?
I have seen pics of a clod with a pair of GD-600's. Honestly, according to what I've read here, it'd be too slow.

Most Clod guys run a pair of Integy lathe motors with 9t pinions. That seems to be a good combo for wheelspeed and torque.

Welcome to the board Crawlerchick.