Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: SKYJACKER'S TXT-1 PROJECT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2004, 01:20 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default SKYJACKER'S TXT-1 PROJECT

just picked up a txt-1 up for ideas on a project.
skyjacker_rc_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2004, 05:26 PM   #2

Default Re: SKYJACKER'S TXT-1 PROJECT

Well I heard that you can take a few inches off the sides and bottom of that chassis for clearance. Dont know if you think thats a project. Also I heard that if you dont use foams in your tires it makes the tires about 50-65% softer, so it would be like running really low pressure. Just thought I'd let you know.
wsr_jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 06:04 AM   #3

Dirk Digler's outstanding article in the Featured Rides section tells you most of what you need to know to build a great TXT. Add a bit of your own imagination and show us what you come up with!
Mudhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 11:53 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

prolly the most important thing is to move the servo onto the axle and get rid of those piece of shit skid plates that should be burned lol
jordanator62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:45 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Jordanator62, I couldn't agree more!!!! Those pesky stinking skidplates are hideous for crawlers. I never even bothered to use them when I built my TXT. I gave them to someone on RCMT that wanted them. I can't imagine why the guy wanted those awful shitplates !!!!! Now that I think about it, I would have been happier if I burned them!!!!
I have gotten rid of skidplates period. I don't run them on the axles, or the chassis. I had a New Era skid for the tranny, but I ditched it in favor of more clearance. Right now I am more concerned about clearance, but I plan on making a very thin skidplate for the tranny/chassis out of tin sheet so the chassis will slide instead of stick on abstacles. Ahh, the smell of burning plastic... Vince B.
fullmodtxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 11:22 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

haha, glad you agreed. ya i am currently working on a sheet metal tranny skidplate, and repositioning my links to give me a longer wheelbase and more clearance. also, i just got some maxx axles that i stole off my tmaxx (which didnt deserve them), and they are awesome!!!!!!!
jordanator62 is offline   Reply With Quote