Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: my txt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2005, 08:16 AM   #1

Default my txt

after a long wait i finally got it!now i need help i ndoin this ,coz its my first time to run electrics..he sent it to me with the esc wires cut and idk to which wire ill solder them.and i also wanna know where do i mount the batts?this txt is kinda customized..im probably the 3rd owner. so if u know this truck pls help ..
if u noticed on the 1st pic one wire is connected to both motors..and 4th pic is how the esc was sent to me..

badboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2005, 10:58 AM   #2
Moderator Rule Breaker

- First thing i would do is ditch both the motors and pick up a lathe motor if you can. if not take one the motors off.

- For the battery and where to mount them, most people mount them on the top links you dont want to mount them to chassis.

here a write up that one the members did while back that should help you with the wire problem.
http://www.rccrawler.com/evx.htm

Just wondering who did you buy it from ?
eric113 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 06:29 PM   #3
MODERATOR™

I wanted to try out the two motor set up (thinking of the Aussies), and wired them in series, and used 9 tooth pinions. With a 6 cell 3300 battery pack it does okay really. When floored it's exactly a medium paced walking speed. It has enough power to do 90% of what it needs to, in a wheel grabbing bind both motors will stall out, and maybe under really extreme situations. But you shouldn't be in a wheel bind anyways, and the extreme situations are driver error. Motor braking is way awesome, like for downhills. Lathe motors with 9 tooths would be way slow, too slow. Wheel speed is good to have when needed. Maybe different pinions on Lathes, I could try that, eventually.

I remember that truck, only because of the use of the cut metal U shape, and black plastic piece on the side. He slid the 6 cell stick battery through the frame, and used the black thing to hold it in place.

I know nothing about the EVX ESC.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 11:01 PM   #4

ok eepee u r right that is where he mounts the batt..anyway i got everything set up but i encountered another problem..its the rear wheel steering...when i turn it u hear a clicking cound like the teeth of servos grinding..but if i take out the horn everything is good on the servo..do u have any mounting suggestions on this kind of set up? thanks
[img=http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3743/dsc017842dl.th.jpg]
[img=http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/4900/dsc017855ta.th.jpg]
Old 11-04-2005, 10:06 AM   #5

ok i got it working .i changed the servo ..the servo was bad..anyway i tried it and i liked the suspension travel and only thing that maybe it needs is different tires and wheels the one i have now are too big..
Old 11-04-2005, 01:50 PM   #6
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy2
tires and wheels the one i have now are too big..
How so? Those are the stock tires, and generally speaking "we" go larger in diameter.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote