Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: finally got gd600

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2005, 02:40 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default finally got gd600

ok, i have read the gear charts and im not that great with the gears knowledge wise. so i am running txt with 1 lathe motor. what would be gould pinion to run on motor shaft and what to put on gd600 to have good power and wheel speed? and where to get them? my LHS owner does not know anything about crawlers, when i ask him to order my truck he had no clue about it or parts i wanted for it. thanks in advance
dynamaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2005, 12:09 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I guess a lathe 55t motor mounted on a gd-600 will be very very slow, maybe good for crawling slow, but you will have no good speed.

If you go with a gd-600, those stock 27t motors will work fine, and 19t, and lower if you want. But if you run 55t you will have only a slow crawling speed... that is probably pretty optimum for rock crawling.

Im no expert, but i have just installed a gd-600 in my txt-1 and tried it, so i know some of how it will perform with different motors.

The gd-600 is just great, but do not attach a to slow motor to it.. that is if you dont just want to rock crawl slow only.

Edit: Do a search on gd-600 and you will find out what gears other use. A 55t lathe with a gd-600.... i would probably try around 20pinion on the engine, and 18 at the end of the gd-600, if you want some speed.. the tourqe you have almost to much with a lathe AND a gd-600, only thing you have to do is try to gear up some to get desent speed.
It's hard to say as we all want different speed and how it will perform.. a smooth start or a hard start, a very slow crawl or a crawl with some speed to, or just a high speed.

Last edited by Automan; 11-06-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Automan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 04:41 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Im running a stock motor that comes with the kit with a gd600. I have a 9 tooth pinion in the tranny and have an 18 tooth on the gd. I've been very happy with it overall. Good wheel speed for bumping up on rocks and also good low end torque. Hope this helps.
aubie is offline   Reply With Quote