Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Trying to understand wheel adapter/mount options.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #1

Question Trying to understand wheel adapter/mount options.

Seems like there are a ton of wheel and tire combo options. But what has lost me is that I'm pretty sure very few actually use the stock Tamiya hub setup, right?

So my question is, wheel adapters, are they all created equal? What should I be looking for to give me the most flexibility in wheel choices? The big ballon tires are great for the grass back yard, but when I head out to the trail I'd like to pack some options, that I wont later have to chase down the hill cause a shotty setup failed.

Slowly I am piecing together an old TXT, (it actually started life as a Jugg2 that the previous owner converted to an ESP kit, keeping only the Jugg side plates trashed the rest.) Plan is to have a casual crawler/back yard basher. Even ordered a GD600

Will be skimming over the tire/wheel section for sure, just wanted to be sure i asked the right spot for TXT-1 specific adapters.
Brandxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Correct. Most folks step up from the 12mm hex adapters to either 14,17, or 23mm hex adapters simply for more wheel choices. Personally, I like to use the TTR adapters. I have used both the plastic and aluminum and have had no troubles with either.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote