Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Where to get parts for txt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2004, 10:27 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Where to get parts for txt?

I broke the front U join I believe it is called"the thing that bolt on the the front gear box that swivels" Im new to this site,I hiope this site is more busy then the other sites Ive seen,Everyone tells me to get revo shafts,But in prefer to buy the original steel ones for the looks I dont do hard core crawlin So they will last me awile,But cant seem to find and parts for it anywhere,can you guys help?Thanks
ProfitOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2004, 10:35 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Where to get parts for txt?

Click me! for Tower's website showing all TXT-1 parts.

Here's the prop shaft bag: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...LXCAH6&P=7

Revo shafts are probably cheaper. If you're not into it hardcore, T-Maxx shafts might be even less, and you'll find them pretty much everywhere.

PS: Welcome to RCC!
Jeckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 10:46 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Wow thanks for the fast reply,I think Im gonna like it here
Cool,So I guess you have to buy all 4 huh,I noticed those look like they take a grub screw to hold on the shaft,Mine used a shaft with E-clipse,Do these come with the hard ware to install right on to the txt?
Old 10-15-2004, 08:03 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

They use grub screws to attach to the input shaft at the diff, and output shaft of the tranny. Just like stock.The shaft and e-clips are what holds the two halves of the uni together.
Jeckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:22 PM   #5
20K Club

I still have one of my stock shafts, if you want I will send it to you. I don't want anything for it. just cover the shipping if you want it. Let me know. And welcome here, trust me its a nice place to be
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 03:13 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Yes harley,Tha would be awesome I will cover shipping,I can pay-pal or what evr,send me a private message.I just got done putting a emaxx shaft on,Im just telling people who are thinking of doing this"as I was sceptical" for people who are thinking of doing this,It was easy to put on,I only have to shave down the one part that goes on the tranny"held with pliers turned it on my grinder took like 2 minutes" the rest just bolted on.It held up well I only ran one pack but under high stress and worked well.But I like the steel shafts for the scale look thats the only reason why im not using them.So thanks again Harley!
Old 10-18-2004, 09:44 PM   #7
20K Club

I will send them tomorrow when I get to work. Just shoot me an e-mail with your address and everything. My e-mail is harley626@msn.com and don't worry about the shipping yet. I will prolly be pretty cheap to ship them maybe 3 or 4 bucks so we will worry about all that some other day. I will ship you the complete one and the other one that is missing part of the universal.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote