Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: My TXT for your review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

The motors are in the front in stock form; you can kinda see it in Tamiya's pics.

I've put Kyosho TwinForce battery trays on a couple TXT's like you're describing; might be one of my trucks you saw. GreMonte are you gonna run lipo's or regular stick packs?
Mazlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazlem View Post
The motors are in the front in stock form; you can kinda see it in Tamiya's pics.

I've put Kyosho TwinForce battery trays on a couple TXT's like you're describing; might be one of my trucks you saw. GreMonte are you gonna run lipo's or regular stick packs?
My Bad, just looked at a copy of the TXT-1 manual and the motor is mounted in the front! I recall the Juggernaut having the motors facing the rear? Anyway, I have the truck configured to have the motors in the rear. It is no biggie, I can flip it around and make the rear the front if I don't like the was it handles. You just swap servo setting on the transmitter, right, in order to use the TXT-1 with the motors in the rear?

This is what my truck looks like at the moment:TXT-1 Axle Modification and Link Mounts

Here are the pics I spotted of someones truck that has side mounted battery trays. I plan to mount my battery with velcro straps or some kind of cradle that sits higher under the side door panels of the body.

Last edited by mavrim; 02-26-2010 at 10:37 PM.
mavrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:35 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Default Bending links

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreMonte View Post
Quick question.

I'm thinking of bending my lower links. I know that I can bend them up for ground clearance but what about also bending then in for tire clearance? I might just try it for you guys

Newb here: How do you bend the links? Is it with simple hand tools...or is there a "special" way to do it. Thanks!
blitz14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:21 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz14 View Post
Newb here: How do you bend the links? Is it with simple hand tools...or is there a "special" way to do it. Thanks!
You can buy a tubing bender at an auto parts store or you can also bend it by hand.

I have been working on my truck and will update with pictures soon. I have two hitec 1/4 scale servos and I am building the mounts for them. I'm also changing the radio system. I'm loosing the twin stick and going for a three channel pistol and a PunkRC 4 wheel steering controler.

I have taken a little time off from my TXT as I am currently building a TOP SECRET project and once its finished I will post it on RCC.

Also I would like to run LiPo on this. I was trying to see how small and how powerful of a battery I could find and I am impressed with whats available. The only thing really keeping me looking at NiMh is of course price and being able to build my own pack to fit any place I wish on the truck. We shall see.
GreMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Default Bending links

Quote:
You can buy a tubing bender at an auto parts store or you can also bend it by hand.

I have been working on my truck and will update with pictures soon. I have two hitec 1/4 scale servos and I am building the mounts for them. I'm also changing the radio system. I'm loosing the twin stick and going for a three channel pistol and a PunkRC 4 wheel steering controler.

I have taken a little time off from my TXT as I am currently building a TOP SECRET project and once its finished I will post it on RCC.

Also I would like to run LiPo on this. I was trying to see how small and how powerful of a battery I could find and I am impressed with whats available. The only thing really keeping me looking at NiMh is of course price and being able to build my own pack to fit any place I wish on the truck. We shall see.
Thanks for the info! I recently upgraded to an Airtronics M11x because I want to get into rockcrawling. Can't wait to see your Top Secret project!
blitz14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Anyone want some updates?
Well I added a new paint job and new servos, big ones.

If you look close you will see an extra set of links, these are my mock up shocks. I am thinking I will go a little bit shorter but I will also use these to lock out the front suspension while I dial in the rear, looks kind of cool though.

After building the servo mounts I couldn't help but run them through the polisher. So I have decided that this is a monster truck but I will ask it to climb stuff. I'm not expecting it to climb like my RS-10. SO tell me what you think. I'm thinking of building a seperate battery pack just for steering power to the HiTec 805 1/4 scale servos. I'm also going to mod a TQ3 for four wheel steering since I can't get any answer from the radio manufactures and I refuse to spend $200 on something i can get for $50.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:42 AM   #27

nice paint job hows the servos, do thay work well?
808mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

I have no idea, I have yet to power them up.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

bump
Old 06-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #30
j0e
Rock Crawler

^
what?!? bump with no update?

txt looks good, though.
j0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

There's not a lot of action in the TXT-1 section is this a dying truck? Thats sad mine still looks brand new haha
Old 06-29-2010, 08:42 AM   #32

Quote:
There's not a lot of action in the TXT-1 section is this a dying truck? ...
unfortunately, it is...
Mark-013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #33
j0e
Rock Crawler

mine arent dying, just getting rebuilds.
probably still my favorite trucks to run.
j0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
There's not a lot of action in the TXT-1 section is this a dying truck? Thats sad mine still looks brand new haha
Doubt it... Just more clods and bullies being built for super class.

I have my super class TXT, that I rebuilt, but I don't really take pics while I'm building. Takes too much time away from fab work. But have mine out competing, driving a bit, and just waiting on a couple of parts to get here so its bulletproof.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:22 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Good to hear that there are still people working on these beasts. I have both of my new 1/4 scale servos mounted now. I'm looking for shocks, then I will be setting up all of the electronics for mine. I have only really driven mine a hand full of times so its still new even though its like five years old.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:24 AM   #36

Nice updates! Keep 'm running!

Quote:
I'm also going to mod a TQ3 for four wheel steering since I can't get any answer from the radio manufactures and I refuse to spend $200 on something i can get for $50.
Why modify the TQ3? Do you want to have independent front and rear steering?
I simply use a servo splitter for 4ws. (not independent ofcourse )
Mark-013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

No I tried for independent but it was a head ache. I just want the ability to go from front steer to four steer and crab walk. Modding a TQ3 looks to be the cheapest way. With a servo splitter its always four wheel steering yes?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
No I tried for independent but it was a head ache. I just want the ability to go from front steer to four steer and crab walk. Modding a TQ3 looks to be the cheapest way. With a servo splitter its always four wheel steering yes?

Not sure what you mean by "always four wheel steering". If you mean the rears will be turning opposite of the fronts, then yes you are right. With a servo splitter it will always be like that.

Not sure how you did independent or why you think its a headache, but modding it a TQ3 will do just that... give you independent rear steer. You can control the rear, albeit just center or full lock left or right, independent of the front.

I ran a modified TQ3 for a while, then a DX3R with my TXT and it works, but I wouldn't go back after swapping to a DX6i and having fully independent rear steer. Way to helpful to not use it that way. That and I'm way to cheap for a 4PK as I need 4 channels on my TXT.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:45 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcrawler View Post
Not sure what you mean by "always four wheel steering". If you mean the rears will be turning opposite of the fronts, then yes you are right. With a servo splitter it will always be like that.

Not sure how you did independent or why you think its a headache, but modding it a TQ3 will do just that... give you independent rear steer. You can control the rear, albeit just center or full lock left or right, independent of the front.

I ran a modified TQ3 for a while, then a DX3R with my TXT and it works, but I wouldn't go back after swapping to a DX6i and having fully independent rear steer. Way to helpful to not use it that way. That and I'm way to cheap for a 4PK as I need 4 channels on my TXT.
I did independent four wheel steering controlled with a six channel twin stick. I have an RS-10 also and it had one button that changes it from front only, crab walk, four wheel steering, and rear steer. Thats what I am going to do for my TXT and I'm sure I am going to use one radio for both and even all other trucks I just havn;t decided which one I like yet. I do like pushing a button and turning the four wheel steering on and off. I understand that modding a TQ3 will do that thats why I mentioned it.
I will post pictures when I have another update.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #40

if you have an aero radio you could run 2 aileron setup and just reverse the servos independently with the programming to get the desired effect, ive never tried it but it might work
carp is offline   Reply With Quote