Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: TXT-1 Axle Modification and Link Mounts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer33x View Post
Where can I find those Axle stays? You are using them for shock mounts and link mounts on the axles. Manufacture and part number would be great if possible.
Tamiya Genuine Replacement Parts
Part# 9804179
Upper / Lower Suspension Stay for TLT-1

I found them on ebay and have purchased a few sets on different occasions. Right now I see a package of 8 mounts (4 triangular with 1 link hole and 4 that have an offset with 2 link holes) for $6. I recall paying $2.50 - $3 per bag?

Here is one store that sells them, but they are out of stock at the moment of this post.
http://rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?p...&cat=17&page=1

Last edited by mavrim; 03-25-2010 at 03:53 PM.
mavrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Thank You very much. I knew they had to be a tamiya TLT-1 part but never could find a retailer to be sure.
mxracer33x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:27 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

tower hobbies is out of stock also. i recently back ordered them
aircooled67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0e View Post
lookin' good. cant wait for more!
Here ya go! More pictures of my TXT-1 Monster Truck buildup.

I need to finish the steering linkages that connect to the custom BTA (Behind The Axle) servo mounts that I made. I may remove the tie rods and replace them with two shorter tie rods connecting from servo saver to knuckle arm? I just painted the body and will be installing a set of TXT-1 decals that I bought off ebay. I am kinda thinking about ditching the 8 trinity clod buster shocks and going with 4 integy resovoir savage shocks instead? I need to make a pair of side battery mounts to hold the batteries outside the chassis, covered by the body sides (where black and red meet). I love the scale look of the metal heim joints on the link bars, but they are very loose compared to plastic rod ends. The truck has a loose jiggle, even though the rod ends are tight. Not sure if I want to downgrade to plastic rod ends?

Last edited by mavrim; 03-30-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:42 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

how did you make those driveshafts work? awesome truck!
chafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by chafey View Post
how did you make those driveshafts work? awesome truck!
Thanks!

My axles and tranny are from the Juggernaut 2 and do not have drilled holes on the axle/tranny shafts like the TXT-1 does. What I did was separate the stock universal that came with the Juggernaut. I removed the c clip that held the parts together. I did the same with the T-Maxx/Revo shafts. I had to file two sides of the universal connector block from the Traxxas to allow it to fit the narrower Tamiya metal universal. At the moment I am using the Tamiya shaft and c clip, but it is smaller in diameter for the Traxxas through hole. I may fill the hole with JB-Weld and redrill it, or use the Traxxas shaft if possible.

My wheelbase is 14". Each link is 6" eye to eye and the gap on the chassis is 2" between mounts (14" total). As shown, the driveshafts are just about fully compressed, but they can extend if the wheelbase were to be stretched.

Last edited by mavrim; 04-08-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:29 PM   #27
RCC Addict

look for a thin walled brass tube to fill the gap.
danielk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk View Post
look for a thin walled brass tube to fill the gap.
Great idea! I forgot all about doing that trick to fill the gap.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #29

I just bought a set of Integy Savage XL piggy back shocks to replace the older trinity shocks that you see in previous pictures. In order to fit these longer shocks, I have to mount them to the upper screw holes on the aluminum body post mount. I installed one so far and most of the reservoir is covered up by the body. Not sure if I like the look of a single shock as compared to the two trinity shocks? This new shock has a much larger diameter shaft compared to the trinniny's.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:46 AM   #30

Very good looking truck!! Nice BTA brackets too!
Mark-013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Your truck is coming along nicely. I like the red axles and tranny. Makes me want to tear my truck apart and paint my stuff too. I like your BTA mounts, much cleaner than mine and looks like it's positioned a little better. Thanks for the part number for those link mounts too, might try to get some on my truck.
dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #32

Thanks for the compliments!

As I mentioned in my last post, I just got a set of ( Integy piggy back reservoir XL shocks that are made for the HPI savage. I was going to use (4) of them on this truck. I tried one end of the axle as a test to see how it all fit together. I had to flip the body support triangle piece from the outside of the chassis to the inside to give additional clearance for the Integy shock. In doing so, my body mount holes will change. It isn't a big deal cause I planned to get a nicer body, possibly a ford F-350? After mounting the one reservoir shock, the travel seems the same to me? So at the moment I am thinking of keeping the dual trinity shocks and perhaps install the Integy reservoirs later after using the truck for awhile.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #33
j0e
Rock Crawler

lookin great, man!

good job on the bta setup and the drive shafts, too.
j0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #34

i really think that the body should be a different color than the two tone red and black.on the other hand nice truck.
jetsguy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #35

Default txt-1

i just bought a txt-1 and im having probems with a lot of diff slip at the transfurcase i was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me how to or if i could adjust it tighter casue it just dosn't want to climb anything its just slips

thanks terry

Last edited by terry1977; 06-16-2010 at 06:04 PM.
terry1977 is offline   Reply With Quote