Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Servo Mounting locations?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 11:41 PM   #1

Default Servo Mounting locations?

I have been looking at everyones rig to see what is the best steering option. I liked the BTA (Behind The Axle) mount and the top plate front mount design. After much thought I made a prototype of my own front mount design. This is what I came up with this evening after thinking about it the last few days.

The front of the axle housing was cut away and sanded down flush. I would say that allowed the servo to mount approx 1/4" closer to the housing than a stock axle would allow. I really like this simple design, but I am a bit leary of the servo force placed upon the two molded center link mounts. I could add two side supports like I have seen done to other servo mounts?

Do you guys think this will be sturdy enough and not put too much stress on those two posts?

I could JB Weld the area around the two center link posts to beef it up. I could also forget about using the center link top cap and replace it with the flat version (Jugg 2 top cap) and attach the servo mount with 5 screws as one of the other front mounts I have seen. Then I would need to attach two link mounts to the top plate (the same mounts used throughout the trucks axles - TLT-1 upper/lower stays).

Last edited by mavrim; 02-16-2010 at 03:28 PM.
mavrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

beef it up. deefinatly more mounting than those two holes doing double duty. Depends how rough you are. i'd say a minimum of three screws in single duty holes.
aircooled67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

OLd thread I know.. Nice concept but Definitey Beef it up, maybe have the sides of the mount come down to the axle
CraZySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #4

Default Re: Servo Mounting locations?

where can i get some of thoses metal things ur link bars and shocks are mounted to
damnredchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:14 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Servo Mounting locations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnredchevy View Post
where can i get some of thoses metal things ur link bars and shocks are mounted to
Those are TLT-1 mounts - you can get them new from Towers for like $4!

TowerHobbies.com | 9804179 Tamiya Upper/Lower Suspension Stay 47201

Enjoy!
CraZySteve is offline   Reply With Quote