Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Stuck between a rock and a hard place

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 07:53 AM   #1

Question Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Looking for some outside thoughts here. Have another TXT-1 chassis (my 3rd) complete with all the upper plastics, tranny, shocks, and attached cantilevers. I also have a full set of the stock 4 link shafts, just need the ball ends and can mount them. My trouble is.... finding a complete front and rear axle set is darn near impossible, or somewhat outside the budget.

I have started to think about mounting up some Axial or Losi axles. Would they be up to hanging onto the weight of the TXT-1 tires/wheels?? Would they mount up fairly easy?? I'm looking to build this into another basher, so durability, ease of replacement, and keeping cost down is key.

Any thoughts welcome.
--Brandon
Brandxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2010, 03:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandxman View Post
My trouble is.... finding a complete front and rear axle set is darn near impossible, or somewhat outside the budget.
Any thoughts welcome.
--Brandon
I would look to buy a used one on ebay and then sell off what you do not need. I saw an almost new one sell for $160 and I am still kicking myself for not buying it!

I just picked up a used TXT-1 tranny for $20 on ebay. It had a new case, new bearings and slightly used gears that were in great shape.
mavrim is offline   Reply With Quote