Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: CraZy's TXT-1 Crawler Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Talking CraZy's TXT-1 Crawler Build

I am building a TXT-1 that I have had for about 6 years.. it has been sitting in the attic and collecting dust! Since I was up there a few months ago taking out stuff to sell I found it. Since it wasn't really worth selling... I figure I'd turn it into a crawler. But the wife gave me a budget until I sold more stuff.. since I have other expensive hobbies.. a 4x4 ATV and a Snowmobile

So I tore into my TXT-1 and did the regular stuff - cut the frame - swapped links, added Jato Ball ends, T-Maxx Shocks, Revo Shafts. I installed a HPI Crawler King Gear Reduction box 7.4:1 with a Single stock 540 can. I made a bracket to lock the rear steering out. I went with Axial Oversized Series 40 Beadlocks with Proline Trenchers. The RCP adapters are decent for the price ($20) . I am using an old Novak Super Rooster . The wheel base is at 17" but I want to get it down to 16.5"

I have only used it a few times at my buddies rocks by the ocean - I meant to take pictures.. but the damn camera battery died. I am impressed! The only problem I have is the front axle is too far out and the Revo shaft pops out on extreme situations. I want to get a little more speed out of it as well.

I have a list of things to still do... like the 4:1 gear ratio on the axles - as well as get rid of my weak old-school Futaba S134 1/4 scale servo that only has a wimpy 133 oz-in of TQ - I will replace that with the Hitec 7980 Monster that I bought a month ago. I am going to put it on top of the front axle - I have the aluminum to build it, just need to find time

I still want to mess with Shocks - I bought a set of those long savage shocks for $20 shipped on ebay - brand new! I also have some old school motors I wanna try - Kyosho Mag Mayhem, Lemans 600E and a Tamiya Black Endurance motor

Lots of things to try / tinker with - that is the best part about this build - it is not simply a kit you put together

You can Thank Mazlem for giving me the motivation to start the build post and well - to actually work on the truck
CraZySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

It's about time!

Swapping the Jato's on one end of each front link for Revo's aughta fix the driveshaft / WB. On one of my previous TXT's I made toe links for the rear which gave it better clearance.
Mazlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

We're waiting for updates. I saw a parts list a while back for the 4:1 axle gears but now I can't find it.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Ok it's been a month; I updated my thread so now it's your turn!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazlem View Post
Ok it's been a month; I updated my thread so now it's your turn!
Well my daughters bed room is now done - I just need to put the crib together. Hopefully next week I will get a chance to start working on my TXT. I litterally do not have any free time and I know it will get worse once my daugther is born...
CraZySteve is offline   Reply With Quote