Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: my txt1 axled super project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default my txt1 axled super project

this was apparently ran with an R2 HD trans. thinking about doing the same thing or finding a beefed up stock gearbox setup for dual motor capability. doubt i'll do any kind of dig, but 4ws will be a definite, either 4 standard size high torquers or 1/4 scalers . looking into aluminum knuckles and maybe converting to delrin or aluminum axles to make things bulletproof...

ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Dang joel. We got you hooked on crawling huh Lol looks good man
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:08 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGMJunkie View Post
this was apparently ran with an R2 HD trans. thinking about doing the same thing or finding a beefed up stock gearbox setup for dual motor capability. doubt i'll do any kind of dig, but 4ws will be a definite, either 4 standard size high torquers or 1/4 scalers . looking into aluminum knuckles and maybe converting to delrin or aluminum axles to make things bulletproof...

Looks good! Are those Pro-line wheels narrowed over stock ones? They look it.. Also what is the true mounted height of those X-locks?

There are a 3-4 companies that make the Aluminum Knuckles, there are the Integy ones that are almost 100% match to the plastic ones and are about $25/pair. Here is the link http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...67&p_catid=107

I am in the process of turning my stock TXT-1 into a crawler! So far I have bought

- HPI Gear Redux Box (7.4:1)
- Jato Hollow Ball ends
- Revo Shafts

Both Axles are locked. This weekend will be spent flipping the links / extending the wheel base

Last edited by CraZySteve; 11-23-2010 at 08:18 AM.
CraZySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

as far as i can tell they are stock proline 40 series, the x locks i'll measure this evening; they are not modded tho..

found alum axle casings on eghey but $120 each is kinda pricey; stock plastics are under $10 lol.... but alum knuckles are definitely gonna happen!
Old 11-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

the x locks measure in right at 7" , the rims are about 50mm wide from beadlock ring to ring.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
the x locks measure in right at 7" , the rims are about 50mm wide from beadlock ring to ring.
Hi,

Ah - sounds like someone narrowed those "Narrowed" rims

Here are the specs on the Proline Cheyenne beadlocks

SPECS:
Total Width: 3" (76mm)
Inner Width: 2.16" (54.8mm)
Outer Diameter: 4.4" (112mm)
Hex Size: 0.90" (23mm)

Here are the specs on the Axial narrow rockster beadlock wheels that I am looking to get.

SPECS:
Width: 2.16" (55mm)
Diameter: 4.37" (111mm)
Hex Size: .66" (17mm)

I'd be curious to know if you Cheyennes where narrowed
Old 11-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

they probably were; right now i'm searching for a good gearbox setup and maybe a long shock setup for better articulation; dont wanna go droop if i dont have to. its been proven to NOT go overboard on suspension travel on supers but it has a lot to be improved on from just a 4" shock....
Old 11-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
they probably were; right now i'm searching for a good gearbox setup and maybe a long shock setup for better articulation; dont wanna go droop if i dont have to. its been proven to NOT go overboard on suspension travel on supers but it has a lot to be improved on from just a 4" shock....
I got a HPI Gear Redux box which is 7.4:1 The best this is that you can still run Standard Rotation Motors without having to turn the transmission around. Though there is a slight delay when going from forward to reverse as if the gears in the redux box have to "catch" up??? I also have a Mag Mahyem motor that I will put in and give a try.

As you know you have the GD600 option as well as the RC4wd 2:1, 3:1 or 4:1 gear boxes.

At one time someone was making 4:1 Axle kits... but I am not sure if they are still available. I would like to get that kit as it would reduce the torque twist that is generated by having a geared down transmission...
Old 11-24-2010, 06:59 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

really wanting these..... http://cgi.ebay.com/Aluminum-Hop-up-...item3a5d221f7c
Old 11-24-2010, 07:04 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Ok.. Offer him $100 best offer.. Here is my trick/reasoning. I looked in his feedback profile and he sold one for $110 Best offer so try 100 it might fly.. if not.. $110?
Old 11-24-2010, 07:07 AM   #11

I've been eyeing on that axle as well specially its free shipping ...havent offered him yet....let us know if you are successful
TruckBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

ok so i scored some 128mm Integy shocks, and to my suprise they fit the need perfectly. killer articulation and super smooth. now its transmission time.thinking about DUAL R2HD's and dual motors, to have MOA style control in a shafty setup. obviously not linked together.....
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
ok so i scored some 128mm Integy shocks, and to my suprise they fit the need perfectly. killer articulation and super smooth. now its transmission time.thinking about DUAL R2HD's and dual motors, to have MOA style control in a shafty setup. obviously not linked together.....
Nice - keep us Updated!

Next week I will start a thread with my TXT-1 Crawler! I have been busy with work - etc
Old 01-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #14
Keep it real

I'd skip the aluminum housings for this application, the stockers do the job fine and like you said, a fraction of the cost.
I'd love to see a good dual tranny/motor combo, been thinking about doing that for several years in a superbut never had enough motivation to get around to do it.

EGRESSor is the vendor that made the 4:1 axle kits, you could hit him up and see if he still has any available. Christian is a great guy and ya never know what he has laying around
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:15 AM   #15

try looking at a e maxx tranny....im useing one in my build,and have used em in thepast.strong,solid,2 speed[hi/low]and dual motor....and easy to mount in any chasis
crawlerbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

i think i am going to go with dual Axial trannys with metal internals, and do the new outputs that (was it Eddie ??) are now being produced for maxx shafts.

twin trans, one badass esc, 45t front and 55t rear motor setup for "od/ud" simulation, and 4ws mixed via 3pmx. budget super!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Location: NHFF world headquarters, working on the "rock mauling hill shooting NHFF pig squealing death rocket"

Quote:
that's cheaper than this http://www.inetrc.com/store/index.cf...=34&Category=6
buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

got busy workin on the narrowed proline cheyennes. the powdercoat was scarrred from use on the rocks, on the beadlock rings. chrome was faded on the rims. painted them flat black with VHT epoxy spray, and stripped the paint and polished out the rings...
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2011, 06:55 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

changed out the aluminum sheet on the nose to lexan, shortened so the tubing hits first, and wrapped the rest of the aluminum with my engine spun impala SS trim vinyl. wheels look much better black and polished, turned out great.
Attached Images