Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: newbie on the TXT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default newbie on the TXT

just picked one up on trade, was going to do a build of a grave digger set up.

the first thing that I ran into was the tranny. the motor plat is missing, and the spur gear for the duel motor is missing. does anyone know of a good spot to pick these parts up from.

second the clod rims with addapters/hexes, don't fit. the stub shaft comes out futher than the bulk of the rims. so when I thighten the 4mm nut, the rim is still loss. what to do, I"m new and don't know what to do. any help with both qt. or just one will be super great. thanks for any advice. O i did use a spacer for rims the nut on the stub shaft was tight, but kinda hard to turn, somthing is draging inside the rim addapter stuff, but not sure what it is
spyderwebbcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

thanks to all got it.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderwebbcustoms View Post
thanks to all got it.

Welcome to the TXT-1 World!
CraZySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

txt1 is a great truck i really like mine you might try loosening the wheel nuts just a hair tightened all the way down the stub axle will put the bearings or bushings in a bind hope this helps

Last edited by muddawg; 12-17-2010 at 09:01 PM.
muddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:53 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddawg View Post
txt1 is a great truck i really like mine you might try loosening the wheel nuts just a hair tightened all the way down the stub axle will put the bearings or bushings in a bind hope this helps

I just got my Axial Oversized Series 40 beadlocks -- and I am very interested in seeing how they adapt to the Stock TXT-1.

I live in Northern Mass and New Era Models is a 20 minute ride away... so I will bring in the truck / wheels and see how well I like their Adapters before laying down the Cash

I also like Rc4wd's 17mm hex adapters that completely replace the Stock brass adapter. But with that adapter, you need to use the Clod outer stub shafts....

There are other adapters out there as well that I want to examine No huge hurry as winter is approaching and I am itching to ride my snowmobile
CraZySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraZySteve View Post
I just got my Axial Oversized Series 40 beadlocks -- and I am very interested in seeing how they adapt to the Stock TXT-1.

I live in Northern Mass and New Era Models is a 20 minute ride away... so I will bring in the truck / wheels and see how well I like their Adapters before laying down the Cash

I also like Rc4wd's 17mm hex adapters that completely replace the Stock brass adapter. But with that adapter, you need to use the Clod outer stub shafts....

There are other adapters out there as well that I want to examine No huge hurry as winter is approaching and I am itching to ride my snowmobile
I just drilled the shaft to put revo whell addapters on. if the stubs break no worries I've got old clod parts in a box. nice thing about using revo rims the off set is what I want, thanks for the reply back guys