Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Lil Red Wagon feat. ImBroken

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2004, 12:29 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Lil Red Wagon feat. ImBroken

i was just thinking about it there is no way you could do this with a locker. if the back is locked it is like a solid rod going all the way through from one tire to the other. so if you stop one side in turn you are stop the other side as well. This would be just like slaming on your e brack and and draging your ass end. But what i have read on Pirate and other 1:1 sites explanes it pritty easily. you are controling the rear slip action. like ever one knows if you hold your car up with one hand on a tire the other will spin trying to get traction. so your rig will piviot around the tire that is stoped. it just will not happen with a locker in the rear im sorry it just cant happen. for sure not on a r/c but if you had some kind of computer controled locker that knew when you were doing it and could switch yes but i dont think dirk can fit a airlocker and all the crap he would need to make it work in this crawler.:(
skyjacker_rc_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2004, 07:18 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Geez... this post was about my TXT wasn't it?

Anywho... I haven't checked it in a while (duh gee, obvious eh?) so here are some answers to questions.

Wheels... they are Monster Pirate wheels painted black. IMEX does not make a Swamper for the Clod so of course I am using adapters.

Swaybars... geez do I dare go here? First of all, I built this truck to be a looker, not crawl well. The Swampers give the truck an intimidating look and my original thoughts were they'd be good tires. However, to be honest, I think they're too big and clumsy to really perform well on the rocks. I locked the rear diff but have not yet done the front and although they are grippy, I can't see them being used for more than anything but looks or mudbogging. So back to the swaybar thing... my last TXT crawler (one I really crawled with) had the swaybars on it. If you run them loose, meaning only the rear bolted in, they do not inhibit flex but they do seem to keep the truck from being overly sloppy or leaning so much it flops over. I also found that if I used a clamp at the left front and right rear swaybar mounts, it helped keep the torque lift down.

Please keep in mind that I didn't design the chassis or the four links. I do not know as much about swaybar design or implementation as some of you do but I would like to see how they would work on a link mounted shock system. There I believe if done right, they would be a great boon.

I have to say... I've seen some of Dirks work and many of his ideas are extremely inventive so I wouldn't count out anything he says until you can totally prove him wrong with facts.
zBigBadWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:05 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

You need to trust me it will work. If you can disingage the rear axle and get it to act like the brakes are on it will do front digs. I have done it on my rc crawler. I just pulled out the rear drive line to test it and it works.
I also do it every day in my 1:1 competion rig. It front digs better when the rear locker is on (it acts like a spool). So he don't need an air locker he just neds a way to control each axle seperatly. May be jason will get on here and can explain it better.
bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:26 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

looks like a custom done job with aluminum diamond plate used
jeep_boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 09:42 AM   #45
RCC Addict

I can attest to what Bastard says is true. It works even if both rears are locked. It works best of course if your vehicle is on a slight up hill. Then the burn around is so much more dramatic. A way to try it out for yourself is get into your front wheel drive car (while in the dirt works best though I have made it work in a hotel parking lot just fine), yank on that e-brake, crank the wheels and burn out the front tires. This trick works best with rental cars by the way. Dollar, Budget, National, Enterprise, Thrify and Alamo all work fine for this.

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote