Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: whats the best route to go.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2004, 09:24 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default whats the best route to go.

im new to the crawling scene but i know my fair share about it already. i want to get my own crawler. but for not to much money. im thinking i want a txt-1. but im stuck. should i build it from scratch or just buy the kit. i want to build it from scratch. but to buy axles and such would be to expensive.(more expensive then buying the kit and using those parts anyways.) whats ur opinion. if u say to build it from scratch then could u give me some links to cheap parts?

thanks a lot
fuzz
fuzzhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2004, 10:08 PM   #2
TRD
Rock Stacker

Default Re: whats the best route to go.

Fuzz
i think you should buy a kit ,you get everything you need . check out 10 best txt mods and you will have a nice truck. look around the form and get some ideas.

there was a TXT in the for sale form for 260 + 20 for shipping . not to bad i found mine for 170 like new. a pair of axles on ebay went for 110 no links just axles.

txt is not like a clod the chassis is harder to build drive shafts, tranny mounts. if you want a clod i would say build it. i think badgers truck won the comp last year, modfied stock chassis. thats mt 2 cents

TRD
TRD is offline   Reply With Quote