RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-txt-1-juggernaut/)
-   -   New here, Some question. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-txt-1-juggernaut/3267-new-here-some-question.html)

wells 12-04-2004 05:19 PM

New here, Some question.

Hi,

I am new here to the forum and as well kind of new to r/c's. I have been into the hobby for around 4 months. I have only had cars like xmods,mini z overlands, and a Venom Mini Giant. So I have had nothing as major as a TXT-1. I have a few questions for now that I would like to know about the TXT-1.

1) Speed? I know the txt is not a racer. But, What are the stock speeds like? Compare it to a person running.

2) How does it handle with locked diffs? Also, How are people locking thier diffs? Is hot glue strong enough to hold the front and rear diffs? Or is something stronger like jb weld required? Also, How is the center diff
locked?

3) Durability. This is the most important issue for me. I want a truck that I can send through hell and back without trouble. So, How is the durablilty? I was originally aiming for an e-maxx. Although, I hear the durabilty is not very good with those.

4) With my experience do you think I could take good care of a txt? Do you think I could handle the build process?

Thanks all.

CSR 12-04-2004 06:02 PM

Re: New here, Some question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wells
1) Speed? I know the txt is not a racer. But, What are the stock speeds like? Compare it to a person running.

I never ran mine with stock gears, I installed 9T pinions when I put the kit together. Now I'm running a GD-600(search it if you don't know what that is :wink: ), I can keep up with it walking fast.

Quote:

2) How does it handle with locked diffs? Also, How is the center diff
locked?

I JBWelded my diffs after one day of running the truck. I built the truck for crawling so I knew I needed locked diffs. It drives like a 1:1 rig with spools in the front and rear..... hard to turn, lots of drivetrain binding when traction is good. Get a strong servo like a Hitec 645. The front and rear tranny output is a solid shaft, no center diff.

Quote:

3) Durability? I want a truck that I can send through hell and back without trouble.

My truck has been thru hell and back! I've wasted several servos but the truck has held up Great! I broke a stub axle once by over-tightening the nut.... :roll:

Quote:

4) With my experience do you think I could take good care of a txt? Do you think I could handle the build process?

If you have at least a small amount of mechanical inclination you should be fine. :) Search this site if you have questions, it's probably been asked before. Read, read, and read some more. :D BTW, welcome newbie! :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

wells 12-04-2004 08:13 PM

Well, Thanks for the replie.

I am reading the entire forum. :)

Advanced user---- :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: lol

Thanks man

TRD 12-04-2004 10:33 PM

i ran my truck with stock motors , no power, short run time, not fast. i only used 1 6 cell pack. i could out run my truck and im a big guy.

i use jb weld ,gd600 161-1, 945 and a 9645. i would not use a 645 or a 9645 i like power the 945 works good . the 9645 is ok in the rear but im going to go with 1/4 scale servos at 6volt. get the best that you can aford and get 3 . my 9645 only lasted 2 weeks so my 645 went in and the 9645 when back to hitec.

TRD

wells 12-17-2004 02:35 PM

I have some more questions about the txt.

Is it top heavy?

Can it wheelie?

Also, What are the wheel/tire options for the stock txt.

rckjeep 12-17-2004 02:54 PM

spend time reading the forum. You'll find the answers to all your ?'s. But thie wheelie one. Not sure if you understand what rock crawling is. Cause if you did you'd never ask if it can wheelie. Though mine is torqy enough to lift the front left tire off the ground for a second. If you want something to wheelie get a Wild Willy 2. Fun little Jeep can't get it to not wheelie. And I made a crawler out of mine. Sorta

wells 12-17-2004 03:02 PM

Ok, I fully understand what rock crawling is. I asked if the "stock" txt could wheelie. Because at first obviously its not gonna be a great crawler so I will mainly bash with it. So, I asked if you could wheelie with a stock one. Crawling is a slow moving sport. Trust me...I know :)

rckjeep 12-17-2004 03:07 PM

Quote:

Ok, I fully understand what rock crawling is. I asked if the "stock" txt could wheelie. Because at first obviously its not gonna be a great crawler so I will mainly bash with it. So, I asked if you could wheelie with a stock one. Crawling is a slow moving sport. Trust me...I know :)

I doubt anyone here has a stock one. I'm sorry but your questions seem to be ignorant ones. I built mine as a crawler out of the box. Check out TXT-1.net they may have some answers for ya. Sorry

wells 12-19-2004 08:42 PM

Ok, Mr. big dude. This is called a foum and it is built for people like me to ask ignorant questions(also, For people to share information). This is your area of expertise but I am sure I would pwn you own many other things. Your going to tell me nobody on this forum has experince with a stock txt-1? If so I guess they just got it off ebay. I also don't appreciate you not answering my question. The questions I asked are the most imporatn things I am looking for in a truck. I asked those questions to decide if I wanted to look into this truck or not. As for "search the forums" I don't have any look with seraching forums. As for "read the forums" I have started from the bottom and worked my way as far as I can. I don't have 24/7 to read these forums though. I have alot of other things that require my attetion more. Not yet have I come across a topic concerning any of my questions listed above.

Please dont take this post wrong. I am not mad. I am just explaining why I have done what I have in my previous posts. I dont't think you have done anything wrong.

Thanks,
Wells 8O

badger 12-19-2004 09:09 PM

Quote:

Wells,

You are asking the wrong crowd here. We do not care if a stock TXT can wheelie or not. We don't care if a stock TXT can go as fast as you can run.

A stated in the intro on the home page:
"You won't see articles about RC-10's and stadiums trucks that hit top speeds of 50mph, only slow moving, articulating beasts with locked diffs, big squishy tires and 8 tooth pinion gears."

Now if you want to ask questions on how to slow down your TXT and make it crawl better then you have found the right place.

rckjeep 12-19-2004 10:25 PM

Quote:

Ok, Mr. big dude. This is called a foum and it is built for people like me to ask ignorant questions(also, For people to share information). This is your area of expertise but I am sure I would pwn you own many other things. Your going to tell me nobody on this forum has experince with a stock txt-1? If so I guess they just got it off ebay. I also don't appreciate you not answering my question. The questions I asked are the most imporatn things I am looking for in a truck. I asked those questions to decide if I wanted to look into this truck or not. As for "search the forums" I don't have any look with seraching forums. As for "read the forums" I have started from the bottom and worked my way as far as I can. I don't have 24/7 to read these forums though. I have alot of other things that require my attetion more. Not yet have I come across a topic concerning any of my questions listed above.

Please dont take this post wrong. I am not mad. I am just explaining why I have done what I have in my previous posts. I dont't think you have done anything wrong.

Thanks,
Wells 8O

The reason no one has answered you questions is because you posted them in the wrong place. I never had a TXT that wasn't locked up, had two motors, full width rims, or the stock steering set up. And though a few guys here may have, that's not what WE are here for.

hcfr34 12-19-2004 11:33 PM

Yea! What he said. :flipoff:

BENDER 12-19-2004 11:53 PM

Wells,
You are asking the wrong crowd, like badger said.
Yes, TXTs can be transformed into capable crawlers, in my opinion they are not the best bashers. But, my diffs have been locked since day one.
If it is a basher you are looking for buy an e-maxx they are plenty durable and parts are easy to get.

hcfr34 12-20-2004 12:14 AM

If you want speed and wheelies get a Revo, there durable too. A savage is another good choice.

badger 12-20-2004 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcfr34
If you want speed and wheelies get a Revo, there durable too. A savage is another good choice.

Lies... all lies! The TXT will out wheelie a Revo and a savage put together! :roll: :flipoff:

hcfr34 12-20-2004 12:24 AM

Can I have some of what your smoking :flipoff: