Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: i got my TXT running last night!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2006, 02:15 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default i got my TXT running last night!! UPDATE with pics!

well after collecting dust for about a month i mounted up my servo plates (thanks brad) ziptied the front axle to the chassis (broken lower shock mount, lost the replacement part, no front shocks at the moment) charged the battery and went crawlin... kinda. it still has a broken axle shaft, and no front shocks. but even with rear suspension only and 3 wheel drive it performed better than it did stock. tomorrow im getting the parts i need for my front shocks, a bigger servo, and maybe wheels and tires. i was driving it on the couch and nose dived it off the couch and quickly realized that im gonna need some spare parts... so if any of you guys have STOCK txt suspension links laying around, uppers, lowers, anything, ill buy them off you.

Last edited by dieselfuel; 05-21-2006 at 02:56 AM.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2006, 08:49 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default stock txt parts

i've got some stock parts
The Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 02:27 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

well i got it running like i said and today i got a new axle shaft, mounted new shocks from my clod on it and got a new steering servo... i got a futaba s3305 heavy duty servo... its so moch more powerful than the 645 that was on it...

it runs great, its powerful as hell and much more capable than i expected it to be. im gonna need some more rocks in my backyard now. the only thing i dont like right now is that the steering is backwards... i have no idea how to change it. and that the stock txt tires suck....

any suggestions comments etc are welcome as this is my first attempt at a crawler of any kind...

12.5" WB
15" W
3.75" GC

Old 05-21-2006, 02:30 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

oh i got a couple questions... should i run a servo saver on my new steering servo im going to be poutting 2.2s on it, what tires do you guys suggest...

oh and the txt twist isnt too bad on it right now but on the carpet in the living room it lifts the front left tire when i accelerate...

Last edited by dieselfuel; 05-21-2006 at 02:54 AM.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:56 AM   #5

Hi dieselfuel I drove my TXT for the first time today. They go great. Good to hear you could get yours going.

Do you have any more images of your modified steering servo mount.?

How come you trimmed the top ends of your chasis like that?
aussie_N_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:40 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

my servo mounts are made by BENDER on here. theyre awesome! very precisely built.and the chassis... i just kinda looked at a bunch of chopped up TXTs on here and kinda went with the basic trend that i saw, chop the bottom of the chassis and modify the ends to set it lower. i was basically just trying to get the chassis as low as possible. i still need a skidplate bad though it ets hung up really often.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:33 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

well after only a few hours of crawling, i tore the rear suspension apart and re-did the rear suspension of the truck.. i set the rears up like the fronts, i like this a lot more, its much more stable now.

and ive cleaned up the wiring since these pics were taken...

Last edited by dieselfuel; 05-22-2006 at 01:21 AM.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:09 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

the 2.2 moabs and pede wheels are in the mail!! WOOT
Old 05-23-2006, 01:24 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

more little updates... i drilled new holes for upper shock mounting, to lay them down a little more, put a new reciever in it cuz the antenna wire pulled out of the other one, ill solder it later, and made a skid plate. the skid is .080" sheet metal, i cut it to shape and bent the edges up to keep fom snagging. its a huge improvement...

oh and i checked out the macro close up mode on my camera so the close up shots are much clearer now...

Last edited by dieselfuel; 05-23-2006 at 01:26 AM.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:44 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel
oh i got a couple questions... should i run a servo saver on my new steering servo im going to be putting 2.2s on it, what tires do you guys suggest...

oh and the txt twist isnt too bad on it right now but on the carpet in the living room it lifts the front left tire when i accelerate...
nevermind any of that... i finally figured out what a servo saver is and came to the conclusion that i have one already, already ordered 2.2 moabs and pede wheels and ive changed the suspension a little so there is almost no twist right now.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:56 AM   #11

Hey Deiselfuel

I noticed that you only run one one motor and in the center . How does that all get mounted and work.? any pic with with your macro capably camera.?
aussie_N_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:00 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

ill get pics tomorrow, but this is it...
http://http://www2.towerhobbies.com/...&I=LXSL79&P=ML
its called a GD-600 gear reduction unit... it was on the truck when i got it, a lot of txt guys run them.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:02 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

if your gunna run 2.2's,go with the tallest tires you can find,like the all-t's or the 2.2 red rocks.you'll need the axle clearance.
WestCoastPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

i was gonna get redrocks until i read the entire thread about em... im still looking at getting a set of all-Ts also we'll see when i get the moabs.