Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: just got txt now having problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2006, 06:43 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default just got txt now having problems

well i got my txt finally.hooray txt. buuut now im having a problem. the truck has an emaxx tranny with 9/72 gearing currently in low gear, clod tires and wheels, a trinity co27 motor, a super rooster and with a reedy rated 3300 GP pack the motor and esc get sooooo hot, not shutdown hot but hot enough i could smell it from 6 feet away.im thinking the motor isnt up to the task. plans are to put in an integy 55t lathe motor or two if needed and after searching on here maybe a gd-600(i hope not)as i want this truck to be more of a monster truck (thats where high gear comes in) and just not suk on the rocks. any help would be greatly appreciated as i know little about txts and nothing about maxx'es.
elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2006, 07:40 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

It could be alot of things, Binding in the tranny, driveshafts, axles? check for those things first. If it doesn't have bearing in it, that would be a good idea. If everything is spinning free, check the motor for wear, (brushes / arm would likely be the problem) also see if it needs to be cleaned as it could be full of dirt (not just the bearings / bushing but the can itself, if the arms full of gunk it will draw extra current)
I run a tweaked P-94 with a 27 turn arm in my txt and by the end of the 3300 mah pack its toasty warm and I have a GD on it... its not much faster then a walking pace yet the motor still gets hot (not so much the battery or the esc just the motor)
I hope this helps
Varv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

forgot to mention it does have bearings and there is no binding it rolls free if the motor is out and the motor is new so no wear or crud. mostly the esc gets to grillin temp!
thanks for the reply
Old 07-12-2006, 08:18 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

my stampede does that with the super rooster.
rockschooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:04 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

How many cells are you running?
Old 07-12-2006, 09:53 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

6 cells
Old 07-13-2006, 08:24 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Odd... I used a SR for a long time and it would get warm, but never burning hot where I could smell it from 6 feet away... no wires cut / rubbing on anything? Check where the wires are hooked to the motor.. they may be touching the can....
If it's none of that I really don't know. if it's getting crazy hot talk with someone from novak and see what they say. If it's only getting warm as hell you could always put a small fan on it.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:09 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I've never had a super rooster get hot, I would do a complete check of every wire, also describe hot, is it hot enough to in theory sizzle water? Call Novak and explain to them, I'm wondering if its just an huge load going through the ESC to power the one motor that wants to rev up and go. Good luck, thats a tuff one to diagnose from your explanation.
justadork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:25 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by justadork
I've never had a super rooster get hot, I would do a complete check of every wire, also describe hot, is it hot enough to in theory sizzle water? Call Novak and explain to them, I'm wondering if its just an huge load going through the ESC to power the one motor that wants to rev up and go. Good luck, thats a tuff one to diagnose from your explanation.
well if its hot enough to smell it from 6 feet away i'd say its pretty damn hot...
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:49 AM   #10

I dont think a single 27 turn motor will be powerful enough to power a txt even with an emaxx transmission. I was running a pair of D6 14x1 motors in my Ripper race truck for a while and between them they would drain a 2400mAh 7.2V pack in about 2 minutes! I switched over to two V2 Element 19x1 and it was better. I'm now converting it to a crawler and I've just fitted two Eagle 55t lathe motors through two LRP F1 Pro Reverse speedos and two 2400mAh 7.2V sticks, and it runs for ages and has plenty of power. The only problem is the F1's are a bit snatchy in reverse so I might replace them with a super rooster. I do like the twin battery setup though as they balance the chassis quite well and give massive amounts of runtime.
-Steve
HairySteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:19 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairySteve
I dont think a single 27 turn motor will be powerful enough to power a txt -Steve
..... Odd ... I wonder what my trucks been running with for the last few months.....