Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Just ordered my TXT and have a motor question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #1

Default Just ordered my TXT and have a motor question.

Think my castle creations SCT would be able to power it without much trouble? I know it turned my SC truck into a rocket and it should have plenty of torque due to its 4 pole design... or is it just too small? I will only be running a 2s lipo.

I dont need it to be fast, just as quick as it would be with the stock motors. Its the only motor/esc combo that I have atm. If I do run it, which I probably will, what pinion should I buy for it?
MentillStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

What are your plans for the truck? The stock pinion is 15T, which might be fine for it considering the lighter battery and one less motor.
Mazlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #3

No real plans. I want to lock both diffs and just have fun.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #4

I'll just keep an eye on the temps.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #5

ran it for a couple of minutes the other day and it seems to have plenty of power to move the truck but I wasnt able to run it long enough to know anything about temps. It is not very good at trying to crawl over objects at low speed so I am thinking of either getting a sensored setup or going with a brushed motor down the road. I know I need to lock the diffs because it is unloading the diffs and spinning the tires on dry pavement and it will not pick the front wheels up off of the ground although it seems to have the power to do so.

Chassis roll is rediculous, even though I dont have the sway bars attached. What are some of the things that I could do about that without affecting flex?

just found out my rear grub screws in the drive cup came loose so thats why its not picking up the front end and I cant seem to keep the steering servo in its supports, it keeps popping out.

Last edited by MentillStitch; 11-07-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

You can put higher-weight oil in the right-rear and left-front shocks (80wt is good). Could also put the sway bars back on but don't zip-tie them. Cut off the upper bumpers and lower the body all the way down to help with COG.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #7

Default Re: Just ordered my TXT and have a motor question.

I want to switch to the 80T crawler motors from RC4wd.com, should I run one or two? They are only 10 bucks a pop and I would run them in parallel (divide voltage btw. them right)?

And whats with ThunderTechRacing? I really want one of their Aggressor steering kits but havent been able to get in contact with anyone over there!

Then I need to JB weld my diffs... so much to do

Oh, one more question. Will my savage XL wheels and tires fit with 17mm adapters from RC4wd? The reason I ask is because I think they are standard offset and I dont know if they will clear everything.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #8

gettin there, the truck is in five million pieces right now... ^_^
Old 01-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #9

Got the wheels on and diffs locked, working on the body mounts now. I didnt want to waste time mounting them when I first got the truck because I couldnt wait to run it, didnt know I would have to tear half of it apart to get them mounted again

me right?

Any Idea what kind of speed I can expect out of these twin 80t motors wired to spit the 2s? I atleast want to have to jog to keep up with the truck and if this doesnt do it, I may have to find a good brushless setup later on down the road... this will have to do for now, I want to get a plow on it for the snow, if it ever arrives

Mabye I could buy a 3s for it, or wire motors in a series? I dont know if my Sidewinder SCT would be able to handle it and I dont want to find out the hard way :(
Old 01-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #10

Man its dead in here o.O Im having too much fun workin on this thing.... mabye it gets dull puttin around at 5mph, IDK. I wasnt able to run the stock truck very long without the servo popping out.

Last edited by MentillStitch; 01-15-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

You'll probably need 3s to get some actual speed outta the thing. What pinions are you using now?
Old 01-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #12

Stock pinions
Old 01-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #13

havent had much money to move the project forward, hopefully things will change soon.... going nuts sitting at home collecting unemployment

Seems like if I tighten the adapters too much that it binds the wheels, did I put something together wrong?? The adapters from RC4wd did not want to tighten completely on the wheels and I had to use washers to allow the nut to bite down on the wheels... kinda weird I thought.

Last edited by MentillStitch; 01-26-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

top speed on a txt1 @7.2 volts is 8.8 mph with stock motors and pinions. i think the stock motors are about 27t.any brushed esc should handle the stock motors. 80t motors would be unbearably slow no matter how you wire them.wiring your motors in parallel will give you more speed. wiring your motors in series will give you more run time. you don't want to put alot of power to those axles because the drive gear with the D shaped hole in the upper part of the axle is weak and it has been discontinued. i don't know why they are still selling trucks when the parts have been discontinued but i just put mine back to stock because i'm on my last set of gears and can't get any more without buying a whole new truck. putting the sway bars on the truck will help with the torque twist and when you want it to flex just slide the zip ties down to where they mount to the links and it will flex just fine. hope this helps
muddawg is offline   Reply With Quote