Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Steering Servo Upgrade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2004, 12:54 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Steering Servo Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster
What servo did you buy a SO3 with plastic gears or So5 with metal gears. What really broke? You can also buy hitec servos from www.servohut.com
Yes but servohut doesnt carry the infamous Hi-Tec 645.
BARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2004, 01:00 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Oh, and it was the S03.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:27 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I looked in all my places and couldn't find it cheaper, other than ebay, but who knows what it'll go to..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 10:25 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

OK, I am getting sick of buying servos. First I went witht the cheep route (SO3), I thought it broke because it was a cheep plastic servo. Then I went with the semi-expensive route (Hi-tech 645, too expensive to only run 4 batteries) and this one is toast too. What servo are you guys having luck with that last. I dont want to buy servos every 5 times I run the truck. Is there anything I can do to make my servos last besides go easy on them. I want to go out and bash my RC with no worries about the servo. Is a "servo saver" the answer, it didnt turn worth a shit with the servo saver. Can anyone point me in the direction of a well built 1/4 scale servo that wont drain my wallet or battery TOO FAST.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:58 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Mine has held up great for a while now. I've taken out several servo arms too, it even has a metal output shaft.
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 03:03 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

I'm using a HiTec 945 w/o a saver and I've broken the horn but never the servo...
DCLXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:56 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

What are the specs on the 945 vs. the 645.
Torque, current draw, price $, etc.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:59 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Go to http://www.servocity.com/, and all your questions will be answered young Jedi.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 08:55 AM   #29
Rock Stacker

www.hitecrcd.com

www.towerhobbbies.com has the HS 945 MG listed at 75 USD last time I checked (or, rather bought)...that is for the Futaba version, it will fit most of the recivers with some extremly light modding...
DCLXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:36 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

alright... I have no idea wut i need but i want to be able to turn my big fat BFT's on my emaxx while in a bind, but hopefully not spend more than, say... $30 or so. What would you suggest?
Phantez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:53 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

lol, sry i didnt realize this was the TXT forum, i was directed here from general crawlers. Can anyone help me anyways?
Phantez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 11:57 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster

A Bruiser is a old tamiya 3 speed truck like a mountaineer or Hilux
heres my photo album www.rcpics.net/member/mnsterbruiser
nice bruiser - is the winch operational? if so can you post some pics or drawings of how you did it
jeep_boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 08:12 PM   #34
MWRCA'er

Oh yeah it has lots of torque it lifted my friends e maxx with batts and every thing completely off the ground. It's just a radio shack steering servo running 7.2 volts. Maybe I'll work on getting some more pics and write up a how to some time next week.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:05 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Just an FYi but the Futaba S3003 servos just don't cut the mustard. they won't turn my stock TXT tires on narrowed rims. Time to upgrade to the Hitec 645MG's
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:22 AM   #36
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep
Time to upgrade to the Hitec 645MG's
Just curious... why the 645's and not the 945's? Is the price much different? I run two 945MG's in my TXT.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:28 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

I never heard of that one. I just was going to go with what other people here were running. I"ll look into it. OK, looked into it and they're over $70 each. wow!

Hey Badger ? for ya. So I got it running last night and it may be because f the radio I'm using http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...GAG4**&P=7 do you know anything about this one?

I haven't programmed it yet. But it won't climp anything really. it does at speed but it acts like the battery is dead. ??????
Old 06-29-2004, 11:10 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep
Hey Badger ? for ya. So I got it running last night and it may be because f the radio I'm using http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...GAG4**&P=7 do you know anything about this one?

I haven't programmed it yet. But it won't climp anything really. it does at speed but it acts like the battery is dead. ??????
That is a nice radio. It should have all the functions you need to get the most out of mutiple RC cars.

I don't understand the last question though? What ESC are you using? Do you have a external battery pack (4 cell) attached to the reciever?
Old 06-29-2004, 02:01 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Ok sorry bad typos, So I'm using a Novak XRS ESC. Nice and small... But It won't let me climb anything. I may get a front tire up but then it just stops moving. The tires won't spin or try and climb. When this happens the ESC makes some noises like it's circitry won't allow it to send power to the motor. could it also be gearing related.

And No I'm not running the extra 4 AA cell pack. PLus my run times are really short. I hope that makes more sense.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:39 PM   #40

ok, I think the servo/'s and the motors are too much for your ESC. I think if you add a reciever battery pack you will find that you have much more power to the motors and the servo/'s. Otherwise I think you might have to upgrade your ESC to a rooster/super rooster.

I am running a Rooster with two 945MG's and could not steer very well and if I tried to steer in a bind I would have no throttle. I added a reciever pack and now I can completly bind up the steering (in a hole or something) and I have tons of power to the motors.

Ohh yeah... and if I were to buy another ESC I would buy a Super Rooster (which I might be getting next month). It provides more power to the servos so that I might not have to run a reciever pack and save me some weight.