Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Look out clods! The shafty gets a big stick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2006, 12:12 AM   #21
RCC Addict

Looking pretty cool man. Can't wait to see it action at Sunday's comp, especially when it comes in second
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2006, 07:34 PM   #22
Web Wheeling

Well not even 10 minutes after we finished the comp on sunday, I busted another gear set in my front 645mg servo. But I had a spare back in the truck, fixed it and continued to play without any other problems.

But later that night I decided I needed to solve this problem for good, well at least I hope for good. I decided to try the big quater scale servos out up front on my Juggy. Last night I picked up a hitec 755hb from the LHS. It didn't have the torque that some others had, but it was the best they had in stock. It spits out 188oz at 6 volts. And if it is not enough, then it will go in the back of the truck. And I will get a better one for up front.

Made up the mount tonight and it looks great. I'll post some pictures after I eat. But my juggy now has Behind The Axle steering with a big ol' quater scale servo up front :-P
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:24 PM   #23
Web Wheeling

Here are a couple pictures. And yes the servo is sitting a little crooked, not sure why but it is off a bit. But hey, it works :-P

Old 07-19-2006, 04:29 PM   #24
RCC Addict

I got the priviledge of witnessing the thing up close... it is remarkable! Climbs like a champ, low cog, good flex for a shafty, great rig. It was a very VERY close battle in the Super Class last weekend.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:25 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

How does it act while crawling? isn't a little wobbely
do u have much torque twist?
any updates i realy like the ideay and tried it myself a few weeks ago but the artc wanst enoug a i got ignored bij the fact the shafts arent protected.
greets
crawl rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:36 AM   #26
Web Wheeling

My only current issue I have with the truck is that I keep trashing servos, even killed a quarter scale. I am waiting on some servos I ordered last week, but If they do not show up in time I will be stealing a digi off my race clod...

But other then that the truck has been great, and has more then enough flex. It is also very stable and has zero torque twist. As for the exposed shafts, they are revos... I have yet to break one, and I don't mind scratching them up on the rocks. I do have a spare one in my tool box from what I needed a extra set to stretch out the front.

I removed my wheel wideners last week and put on some new clod rims, which narrowed the width of my truck by 2 inches. I felt I was to wide before and ended up hitting a lot of gates that the other trucks walked through without any trouble. But because of this I might need to change my weights around, as I will not have the leverage I had before to flex the truck out.

I'll let you know how it works out after this weekends comp. But with the Juggernaut or txt, I do not think I would run any other setup again.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:34 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Just a quick question, the behind the axle steering, is that personal preference, or another reason? I like the design of the rig overall. Simple and straight forward. It looks like, in post #23 that the main beam is slightly off set to the right by 1/2", I take it that is for the alignment of the driveshafts? Keep up the great work!
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:29 PM   #28
Web Wheeling

The BTA gets the steering links out of the way, and it seems to turn better as well. Plus it just looks cleaner. After I broke the quarter scale servo though, I changed how I mounted the servo and currently have a standard size servo behind the axle.

The beam is offset a little bit, which does help center things. But my main reason was out of lazyness... I already had the servo brackets on the truck, and before this setup I ran the upper links off a mount that bolted to the top off the servo mounts. I simply reused those holes and offset the rail to the one side.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:00 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Have you thought about running the motor on the rear axle at all? That would lower your COG....?
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:43 AM   #30